Thread: Yikes! It's Sunday Again

Yikes! It's Sunday Again

How did that happen?

And I slept in this morning (until 6:30), thinking someone else would start this now-traditional Sunday thread.

Not a lot on the plate today. Church in the morning (not playing with the band). Lunch at my favorite spot. Maybe watch a little baseball on TV (my team has be so dreadful of late, I may just take a pass on another disappointment). Practice with my renewed interest in my EC Strat...

What's going on in your neck of the world?

Re: Yikes! It's Sunday Again

Watching for two pit bulls that are from a place down the road. The pair attacked my little buddy, a 35# mixed mutt yesterday and the day before. Tore the little guy up some. If the attack dogs show up on my place again I will end their existence. Same dogs that attacked my neighbor's goats last month. But Dr. Evil, my AR15 carbine, has a surprise for them. Say hello to my little friend.
    No happy times here in Wade's World.....
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Taking my new Ampeg V-4B to practice for the first time today. Really excited about it. Not excited about lifting the 4x10 cab up the precarious steps leading to the practice room.

I have terrible night vision when driving, and I have a 45 minute drive home after all of our practices and gigs. So I bought some night vision glasses for 10 bucks. I don't expect much out of them, but it's worth a try.
    Last edited by ch willie; 08-26-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

waiting for lunch time, getting hungry. so far quiet morning, that is now that my neighbor's dog ain't barking its fool head off while my mom was sleeping, of course it woke her up.

got most of what I need to commence with the music room project, need to hit home depot for a piece of material, have to wait for my sister to get here

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Taking my new Ampeg V-4B to practice for the first time today. Really excited about it. Not excited about lifting the 4x10 cab up the precarious steps leading to the practice room.

I have terrible night vision when driving, and I have a 45 minute drive home after all of our practices and gigs. So I bought some night vision glasses for 10 bucks. I don't expect much out of them, but it's worth a try.
    I also have pretty bad vision and at night ( especially if raining or foggy) just please don't walk in front of my vehicle or you're gonna have some new tattoo's the next morning. Not sure if it's an option but I recently replaced the old headlights in my '99 4Runner and boy oh boy what a difference! I used to dread driving that vehicle at night but now I feel much more confident and much safer. We also have a 2017 Camry and I don't know what they're doing with headlight technology these days but I really enjoy driving that car at night because I can see so well. Just a thought/ stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
    I also have pretty bad vision and at night ( especially if raining or foggy) just please don't walk in front of my vehicle or you're gonna have some new tattoo's the next morning. Not sure if it's an option but I recently replaced the old headlights in my '99 4Runner and boy oh boy what a difference! I used to dread driving that vehicle at night but now I feel much more confident and much safer. We also have a 2017 Camry and I don't know what they're doing with headlight technology these days but I really enjoy driving that car at night because I can see so well. Just a thought/ stay safe.
    My job has me out across the state many evenings, so visibility is HUGE for me. The LED headlights on my new Mustang are amazing - super-bright and clear.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

If you have an older car with "cloudy" headlights, a nifty trick to get them shining again is to clean them with white toothpaste.

I told a friend about this a couple of years ago and he came back to me later and said it was amazing how well it worked!

My practice was cancelled, so it'll be Wednesday before I get to use the Ampeg.

The night vision glasses? No good. I'm going to check into LED lights.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison