Thread: TFF social media?

TFF social media?

Hello to our staff members!

Having read the latest thread about old members and such, I was thinking... Our twin site (Lespaulforum) has an Instagram account, it probably helps with getting new users and such.
    Instagram is a very cool social network which is mainly for pictures and doesn’t favor much BS or anything spammy like Facebook.

Could we have one for TFF?

P.S. If the staff members think it’s too much work, and it’s ok to everyone, I could create and manage the account, as a way of contributing for our forum, I’d be happy to do it.

Re: TFF social media?

No problem.

I had thought of Instagram exactly because it seems to have a different flow pattern, with less spamming than FB, but I'm no pro on that, so...

Too bad internet forums are being kinda replaced by other media. I always thought that they'd coexist for a long time, as forums have a whole culture to them....

tks for the feedback, Kenny!

KennyF - I really appreciate what you have done here sir.

One day, I will make it up your way - and maybe a beer or five will be consumed
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

The idea to create an Instagram page is a good one since more people will probably follow it compared to the forum members. It could be something like a business account where the authors could promote the values and products presented on the forum. This might involve more people in the Fender movement.
    Creating an Instagram page and developing it does not take a lot of time or knowledge. There are sources on the Internet that can tell you how to create an account and how to get verified. It is better to get verified to avoid the creation of fake accounts.
    Last edited by Gavlan; 04-21-2022 at 05:03 AM.

Won't appeal to me. I've moved off (anti-)social media and don't care to spend my time witnessing mental illness on full display.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavlan View Post
    The idea to create an Instagram page is a good one since more people will probably follow it compared to the forum members. It could be something like a business account where the authors could promote the values and products presented on the forum. This might involve more people in the Fender movement.
    Creating an Instagram page and developing it does not take a lot of time or knowledge. There are sources on the Internet that can tell you how to create an account and how to get verified. It is better to get verified to avoid the creation of fake accounts.

If I'm not mistaken there is already an instagram account for TFF, managed by one of the owners. As far as I've seen, though, it doesn't really have anything to "do" with the forum itself.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Won't appeal to me. I've moved off (anti-)social media and don't care to spend my time witnessing mental illness on full display.
    Same here. I keep a facebook account in order to use messenger & see pics of my grandchildren. Other than that, I'm done

Most of us know life without social media, but not these younger generations.

It's not a terrible thing. It allows for BEAUCOUP DE STUPIDITÉ but there's also a lot of value in creating community, no matter how tenuous the bond is. TFF is my fave Fender place, and we're really social media with a focus. I get exasperated, but I always come back here. I have "real" friends, my kids, my darlin', relatives, but this is a special kind of family, and when I'm away, I think, for example, "Wonder what the TFF guys would think about this carved korina top?"

The young communicate through social media now, no matter what we think about it. it'd be nice to attract young men and women to our group. An active Instagram account could bring in our pop/rock/r&b/blues/country brothers and sisters.

Imagine what positive things we could learn about their musical worlds and perceptions. They're listening to big name artists and big hits we're not even aware of.

So I like the idea of Instagram, and I'd be happy to volunteer some time to assist in the endeavor.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Is here the link to the page somewhere? I want to check it out.
    Did they manage to get some followers there? Not everyone knows how to develop an Instagram account properly, and sometimes even pages with qualitative content are lost somewhere in the depths of the Internet just because the people who might be interested in it did not notice the account.
    They can use megafamous.com to become more successful in the area since the Instagram algorithm reacts to the number of people who follow you and can give you even more visitors in the future.
    Last edited by Roberhang; 05-31-2022 at 01:11 PM.

I know my reply is a bit late, but I wanted to chime in and say that I totally agree with you! Having an Instagram account for TFF sounds like a fantastic idea. Instagram is an excellent platform for increasing social visibility and attracting new users. I personally use it for promotion, which has been instrumental in increasing my brand awareness and expanding my sales funnel. Speaking of which, I recently came across a fantastic service that offers instagram followers instant delivery. It has really helped me boost engagement and grow my audience. If we decide to create an Instagram account for TFF, leveraging such a service could be a valuable strategy to consider.
    Last edited by ndiagacol; 07-12-2023 at 04:31 AM.