Thread: "It's Not The Heat, It's The Humidity" Sunday Thread

"It's Not The Heat, It's The Humidity" Sunday Thread

Here we are in the "dog days" of August and it's Sunday! Of course, the A/C in my little "runabout" electric car is on the fritz, even though I had it serviced in April. I've had it garaged for the last couple of weeks, but the weekly trip to the gas station to fill up my gas-burner is getting $tale. So, I have to take a day off from work to take it into the shop on Tuesday. Ah, the joys of having an electric car: no one knows how to service them (I tried doing it myself, but I can't get to the A/C low pressure fitting without taking off the entire front of the car!).

But you know, if that's the worst of my First World problems, I'm in a pretty good place. No playing in church today, but that's okay, I have plenty of material with which to practice, so I'm happy to do just that.

I sold a photo this week! I really didn't think there would be that kind of interest when I started my photo show, but again, you never can tell.

Stay cool everyone (except Sérgio, who I think is in the middle of winter right now)!

Re: "It's Not The Heat, It's The Humidity" Sunday Thread

Rosewood sounds darker.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Rosewood sounds darker if it produces dark roses. Light roses and you have no tone.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post

I sold a photo this week! I really didn't think there would be that kind of interest when I started my photo show, but again, you never can tell.

Stay cool everyone (except Sérgio, who I think is in the middle of winter right now)!
    Congrats, man!

Oh and winter here ain't much of a problem really, I live in the Northeastern part of Brazil, it's never really too cold even in the winter. It's 78.8ºF in the morning here today

It's soooo muggy here today! Rainy too, though not at the moment. I might go downstairs and put a new set of power tubes in my Astroverb.

got to get out and walk before it rains again

laundry day, woot, exciting

keep working on the upstairs music room and spare room

Muggy here in Connecticut - took a drive and went out for breakfast. Took some time writing out songs in a different key - starting three new songs in the studio later this week. One more week of work and then I'm on vacation for two weeks! Have a good one!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

GJ, where do you live in CT? I earned my masters at UConn, 89-91. I loved being close to Boston and NYC. It sure was cold up there during Spring, Fall, and Winter.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    GJ, where do you live in CT? I earned my masters at UConn, 89-91. I loved being close to Boston and NYC. It sure was cold up there during Spring, Fall, and Winter.
    I'm in Bloomfield, just north of Hartford. I lived in Willington for a couple years, as well.

Winter is OK - we get cold, but it only makes us appreciate Spring all that much more.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I’ve been through Willington I think, but can’t remember a thing about it. I lived in Coventry and then in Willimantic.

Hey, we’re sitting here in that portion of God’s country called Wisconsin and just enjoying life! Friday night we were in Cedarburg, Wisconsin to catch a free show of that great band Here Come the Mummies. After ten years of catching this band’s live performances I can honestly say that they just keep getting better. Life is great here behind the cheddar curtain

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I’ve been through Willington I think, but can’t remember a thing about it. I lived in Coventry and then in Willimantic.
    Willington is just north of Storrs so you would go through it to get to I-84.