Thread: RNUAD(FU)

RNUAD(FU)

Recent-New-Used-Amp Day (Follow-up)

Ok so recently I purchased a new bass cabinet, light weight (under 40#), small (Like my genz shuttle 12T - just a little taller), and with 2-12s (Its an isobaric cabinet with an internal 2nd 12). The Boom Bass Cabinet (BBC) Tank 1212.

This is a short initial comment in another thread - with a couple of pics from the website.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    I recently picked up a Boom Bass Cab - has two 12" drivers in a box typically sized for 1-12. It is a type of isobaric cab. Under 40 lbs, and has a pull out handle/wheels. Jury is still out on sound - but will update.

From site -
    The BBC Tank 1212 is a 1200 watt 40hm cabinet loaded with 2 12 inch neodymium drivers and our 300 watt horn. This cabinet is our midsize cabinet. For those who love the tight punchy low-end sound and the big rounded mid tones that are sure to cut through the mix, this cabinet will deliver. This cabinet has extra sound ports on the lower sides of the cabinet creating 180 degree sound from the lower woofer, it also has a unique new interior structure design which now allows the woofer to work at extreme high volumes with very little effort. This Cabinet also features a tilt back front baffle which allows sound to travel at a slight upward angle, perfect for the times when you have to stand close to or right over the cabinet. It comes standard with our retractable handle and our rear recessed corner casters for easy mobility, perfect for the working musicians.

Power: 1200 watts 4ohm

Frequency Response: 38Hz – 16KHz

Weight: 38lbs

Size: H. 21″ W. 17″ D. 18″
    This all said - I have had a chance to push it a little bit. It works nicely at polite volumes. Fills the room nicely with clean bass which isn't overpowering or obtrusive.

The thing is, with a slightly loud gig volume, it isn't like that. It opens up and like a good Holly 1850 on a big block - when you put your foot in it, it will go like a raped ape! I was genuinely surprised that it sounded as good as it did. I had actually listed it on Craigslist thinking it wasn't going to perform as I had wanted. A friend played it and got on it more than I did, and it was too much for the room, but was still super clean. Just really LOUD. Not bad for such a small footprint. I think I will pull the listing, and roll this for a little while, to see how it does. Very easy to move, load, adjust the amp for, etc.

Gig Saturday with it - lets see if any additional comments come out of it.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Re: RNUAD(FU)

How do they build them so light?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

It's da magnets! I have this 3-10 which weighs about 35# and sounds out of this world great.

https://bergantino.com/product/hg310-loudspeaker/

Forum Member

We've sure come a long ways from the days of monster bass amps!
    We got my wife a BG-250 back in the day, with a half folded 18"/12" speaker cab. It was the envy of many local players who were still wielding the huge monster Acoustic/Ampegs. It has been parked for a good 20 years now!