Thread: Under No Illusions but the Rumble 350

Under No Illusions but the Rumble 350

I am under no illusions that there are better bass amps out there. I have on my wish list at Sweetwater, an all tube Ampeg head and a great cab. But you know what? I've decided not to spend the $2000 when my Rumble 350 does indeed rumble guts, has great bassy tones and with it's horn handles the treble needs too. For big gigs, it's got an out for the PA. I don't know what the new "silver" big Rumbles are like--mine is the all black model from a few years ago. I do own as a practice amp one of the new Rumble 40s, and it's great for what it is. I can't remember the brand, but it was a good one, of the stack I played through at a gig on July 4th--it did not have the warmth and rumble of my Rumble 350. So I've decided to keep on with it. Sometimes Fender gets it right!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Re: Under No Illusions but the Rumble 350

Those Rumbles sound pretty good. What do they weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Those Rumbles sound pretty good. What do they weigh?

I have no idea, but heavy. The new ones are a lot lighter.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It’s 65lbs.

Forum Member

That's a bit! But if it sounds great it is certainly worth it. I dream of the old Ampeg SVT's with an 8X10 or 2-15 ported. Can't get the wife to lift it though so I gave up.

That's a bit! But if it sounds great it is certainly worth it. I dream of the old Ampeg SVT's with an 8X10 or 2-15 ported. Can't get the wife to lift it though so I gave up.
    I have in my Sweetwater wish list an Ampeg V4-b head 100 wt tube and a 4x10 Ampeg Heritage cab . The 24 month interest free financing is attractive but I’m trying to be sensible. I can afford it, and yet the Rumble is doing the job.

I still have one 8X10 cab left.

It has been in a closet for almost 20 years.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Forum Member

I'd take it off yer hands but the wife refuses to clean out her side of the closet to put it in! I think she's bein' pretty self-centered!