Thread: Last Sunday of July coffee and appreciation

Last Sunday of July coffee and appreciation

A first for this forum, for me anyway
    Posting downstairs while on my iPhone
    Sitting on sun porch with my cat while he watches the chipmunk on the deck
    Sunny Sunday supposed to have nice today

Last week we emptied the office den in preparation for converting it to an attendant’s station
    We told my mom what we kids were doing but it didn’t sink in until she saw the empty room. To say she was upset is an understatement of the ages. She doesn’t seem to realize that if she wants to stay at the house the overnight people need more than a couch in the living room on the opposite end of the house. But it’s done and now we’re waiting for the delivery of the frame and box spring.

Now it’s no longer hanging over my head and I feel much better about working on my own projects. One unexpected result was the pending removal of my brother’s old bed which can give me a whole different arrangement in his former room. Including a light duty work bench and more useful storage space. A definite silver lining

Forum Member

Re: Last Sunday of July coffee and appreciation

Kinda doing a remodel on my "office" as well. Ditched the wife's computer station because she never uses it anymore and moved my workbench there and got tons more room for my amps.

Beautiful cool morning before the heat sets in. I'm on my back deck having coffee and listening to the birds sing.

My band practice has been cancelled today because our keyboard player, in whose house we practice, had to make an emergency trip out of town. Bummer because we were auditioning a new drummer today.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

We had a really great Sunday morning with our usual group of friends getting together for breakfast and then being joined by several other good friends who spotted my wife’s Corvette parked outside the bar/grill where we spend our Sunday mornings. As a result of our breakfast this morning I think we have organized a near future breakfast/brunch run with eight couples on our Harleys. Life, here behind the cheddar curtain, is wonderful in these summer months.

Sounds great, Laker.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Today I got up early for me. 9:30a.m.; did breakfast and sorted some guitar gear out and put it on my rack. Once my desk was cleared I pulled my computer out and down and cleaned it inside and out. Pulled the fan and cooling block and cleaned out all the fins. Took off all the thermal paste on the block and processor and put some fresh on. From there it was cut the grass and trim and take the trash to the curb. Listening to a little Dave Matthews before I wash the day off.

For a change, I'm posting to this thread in the evening. About two hours ago, I applied the last of my twice-a-day-for-three-weeks topical medication treatment for a pre-cancerous skin condition on my face. While supposedly a miracle drug of sorts (and the key word in the previous sentence is "pre-") it isn't without its nasty side, and my face has turned into a red blight and feels like a nasty sunburn. Starting tomorrow, I begin applying a moisturizing cream and let the healing begin. It's not been a delightful three weeks.

So I took off, camera in hand, from Tuesday through Saturday to roam the parks and trails of West By God Virginia. I could wear a baseball cap in public (because just about everyone there does) keeping the worst of my face hidden, and climbing over boulders, hiking trails, and photographing waterfalls and canyons was a relaxing and cathartic thing to do.

Wednesday, starts my very first photography exhibition. I've been spending a lot of time (and money) selecting the best, having them printed, mounted, labeled, etc. I'm really charged up about this, as I never imagined I'd actually be showing my photos! The show will run from August 1 through the end of September. I've also been "commissioned" to shoot photos of local landmarks for permanent display. Funny how life turns things out, isn't it?