Thread: Happy Birthday, Don Henley (July 22, 1947)

Happy Birthday, Don Henley (July 22, 1947)

Although he isn't known as a guitar player, Henley actually lists among his instruments played a Fender Telecaster and a Takamine acoustic-electric (source: Wikipedia).

Honestly, I never considered myself an Eagles fan, but I can't deny the influence and pervasiveness of their music. In addition to Henley's involvement with that band, his solo career has landed him a Grammy and several Top 10 releases.

It's kind of weird for me to be posting this birthday wish to him, given the above. But his songs are so recognizable that I can't help but sing along when I hear one playing.

Happy birthday, Don Henley.

Forum Member

Re: Happy Birthday, Don Henley (July 22, 1947)

i am an Eagles fan! Although far from my favorites they(their music)certainly were with me over the yeats. The early Eagles were by far most appealing to me. Think victim of love!

I liked the Eagles ok, but I was a Joe Walsh fan for sure so when he joined them I became a fan.

All those last few tours I would have loved to have seen, but I simply couldn't afford even the cheapest ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I liked the Eagles ok, but I was a Joe Walsh fan for sure so when he joined them I became a fan.

All those last few tours I would have loved to have seen, but I simply couldn't afford even the cheapest ticket.
    In four days the Eagles are in concert with James Taylor at Nationals Park in Washington, DC. Tickets sales range from the nosebleed seats, $105 to the third row, center stage: $1,980.

Mmmm, neh.

Forum Member

i don’t understand the money thing(ticket prices)! They seem to be completely opposite of Tom Petty’s thinking. Rest in Peace Tom.Whatever happened to the fans come first? They were surely filth rich a very long time ago!

Fellow U of North Texas alumnus!

'Boys of Summer' is epic.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    'Boys of Summer' is epic.
    So is "Dirty Laundry."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp View Post
    i don’t understand the money thing(ticket prices)! They seem to be completely opposite of Tom Petty’s thinking. Rest in Peace Tom.Whatever happened to the fans come first? They were surely filth rich a very long time ago!
    The band has a lot less say than you'd expect for ticket prices. They are contracted by the show producers. They get a performance fee and usually a cut on the merchandise sales. The rest is set by how big a show you put on? How many salaries and per-diems? Production values? Is it a union venue so you pay out the schnoz while your roadies get a day off? How much are the venue and local government are charging you ( extra police, etc.,) and a thousand other considerations.

Blaming the band isn't fair.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim