Thread: Any info no what Dickey Betts’s been playin’?

Any info no what Dickey Betts’s been playin’?

It sure looks fulla mojo...

Re: Any info no what Dickey Betts’s been playin’?

what the hey? An SG with the selector switch on the upper bout? Must be a two piece body put together sandwich style so they can route the channel for the selector switch. Unless there's a long cover on the back from the switch to the control cavity.

the headstock has the flower pot but I can't tell if it has a Gibson logo.

I'd probably like one of those. Wish I knew more about it. Maybe the LP forum knows something

From what I see , It say's "Gibson" on it... Or at least it looks like it does...
    I like it !!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    what the hey? An SG with the selector switch on the upper bout? Must be a two piece body put together sandwich style so they can route the channel for the selector switch. Unless there's a long cover on the back from the switch to the control cavity.

the headstock has the flower pot but I can't tell if it has a Gibson logo.

I'd probably like one of those. Wish I knew more about it. Maybe the LP forum knows something
    Or....a long drill bit like that used on the 54 Custom which is one piece mahogany! (That is clearly a Gibson logo 'n' so I would assume the rest is there.)

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Or....a long drill bit like that used on the 54 Custom which is one piece mahogany! (That is clearly a Gibson logo 'n' so I would assume the rest is there.)
    or it only has to go to the neck pickup route and then to the control cavity, I was thinking it had to be an independent hole of its own.

That's the "Redneck Jackass That Got Thrown Out of the Band" model.

BTW, there's a selector switch cover on the back side exactly like a standard Les Paul. There's a drilled hole in the neck pickup cavity that angles into the switch cavity. It's a setup used on many guitars.

Another popular country rock SG hack is to mount a separate mini-pot master volume on the guard by the neck pup to use for pinky swells ala' a Telecaster with a flipped 'dog.
    Last edited by Offshore Angler; 07-21-2018 at 04:14 AM.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim