Thread: last sunday of June

last sunday of June

better post this quick

Re: last sunday of June

ok, now that we got the entrance out of the way, I can dally in my actual post That seems to be how I usually get passed by on the sunday threads. I sometimes take 30 or more minutes to finely hand craft these thoughtful missives, like a preacher writing his sermon for the week.

first full week of overnight home care for mom, now we have one of those home cardio monitor things that you do the blood oxygen content, blood pressure and weight every morning and it sends the information to your doctor's office. bloody obnoxious as hell, just shut the fuck up and do the damn measurements, ya calaginous clunking piece of crap. It has this loud excessively cheerful voice that asks all these damn questions and won't let you cut short all the 'helpful' hints between "Did you know that high blood pressure blah blah blah". Just take the measurements and shut up.

I may have a problem with my restoration project. It appears that the hex screws in the original saddles are just about stripped out. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to radius my bridge saddles and adjust the string height. chances are the damn things are metric and impossible to find around here.

Going to Nashville today to pick my son up at the airport after his 40 day trip through Asia. I’ll spend a couple of days with him. Next month he’s moving to Los Angeles. I’m proud of him, but I hate it that he’s moving so far away. He’s 27, but it seems like yesterday that he was my little boy.

My fingers are sore from slapping and popping the bass yesterday. It’s not my fave style of bass playing, but I have to know how to do it just because.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It's another "day of rest" (?) for me, being the only day of the week that I don't have work to do that pays. That doesn't mean not working - I've already spent about an hour pulling weeds (this is beginning to become a regular pastime). This, after church. My _plans_ were to spend the day listening to, and possibly even playing some music.

My baseball team doesn't play until 8:00pm local, so the day is full of promise of nothing to do but relax!

I'm gonna go take a hike!

My wife and I did our usual breakfast with our good friends where a Bloody Mary or three is enjoyed along with great conversation with people we care about. After breakfast we put some miles on a Harley, visited my 99 year old mother, and visited the cemetery to take care of the flowers on my father’s grave and the final resting place of my wife’s parents. It has been a beautiful summer day here behind the cheddar curtain in Wisconsin.

Laker, I’ve never heard “behind the cheddar curtain “ before. Hilarious.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Nothin' new under the sun here. A little time at the lake, swinging a hammer/drinking beer what with this nice weather. Mosquitos and black flies are almost at a tolerable level to be outside for more than a half hour. The heat this coming week should kill most of them off. Back home today to do some laundry and get ready for the work week. Working up some more pedal steel licks for a jam this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Nothin' new under the sun here. A little time at the lake, swinging a hammer/drinking beer what with this nice weather. Mosquitos and black flies are almost at a tolerable level to be outside for more than a half hour. The heat this coming week should kill most of them off. Back home today to do some laundry and get ready for the work week. Working up some more pedal steel licks for a jam this week.
    Dirt dog, I don’t know how far to da nort you are, but I’m assuming you’re some form of Canuck. If you’re anywhere close to Montreal, my good friend, the Braille Blues Daddy Bryan Lee, is playing the Montreal Jazz Festival again this year. If you can, catch his show to hear a real bluesman entertain.
    Last edited by Laker; 06-24-2018 at 04:42 PM.

I stopped in a GC and played a new Player Strat. Nice guitar! I'd prefer the maple fingerboard surface to have a satin finish, but I liked it.

Spent most of the day at the Dojo, training for the next belt promotion.

I've been struggling with stress and a lot of bad pressure at work and in my private life. Right now, Karate and Zazen are what's keeping me ok mentally and physically. I had quit a while ago (even posted a thread about it) but I can't be healthy without it.

Next week our drummer will be back from London and we'll resume our rehearsal/gig schedule. Thank the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Dirt dog, I don’t know how far to da nort you are, but I’m assuming you’re some form of Canuck. If you’re anywhere close to Montreal, my good friend, the Braille Blues Daddy Bryan Lee, is playing the Montreal Jazz Festival again this year. If you can, catch his show to hear a real bluesman entertain.
    Right you are Laker - I'm just down the road from Montreal (I'm in Ottawa). Been to Jazzfest a number of times, but not on the agenda this year. But I will check out this act online...I'm quite partial to the blues!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Right you are Laker - I'm just down the road from Montreal (I'm in Ottawa). Been to Jazzfest a number of times, but not on the agenda this year. But I will check out this act online...I'm quite partial to the blues!
    I think you'll like this clip from the Télé-Québec summer variety television show "Beau et chaud" in the early 90's with Bryab and Michel Cusson on guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNltcdZRG8

Good morning. Flew in from Juneau last night - got home around midnight. Just woke up at noon today - severe jet lag going on. Had a great trip - the first five days was a conference and then we spent 5 days staying with a friend - went fishing three days (caught some nice halibut) and then toured around. What an amazing place! Today more sleep and laundry are on the agenda.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain