Thread: Fathers Day Sunday Thread

Fathers Day Sunday Thread

Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers! I hope each and every one of you get to spend some time with your offspring. And if you can include your fathers in the mix, even better!

I hope to spend time with my family (daughter, granddaughter and son-in-law). My own father passed away in 2005.

Yesterday was NOT one of the best. I found out my schedule at the running store had been changed from 10 - 4 to 10 - 6, and one person had been removed. That left just two of us to work the entire day. Or so I thought. My co-worker never showed, which left me running the store alone for the entire day. To make matters worse, I had two customers come in just before closing, so after finishing with them, cleaning the place and checking out the register, I didn't get out until nearly a quarter to eight.

Well, I guess it figures. I am taking a sabbatical from the store starting July, so I guess this was Fate's way of paying me back. Today is another day, and I'm grateful to have woken up on this side of the grass.

Keep on truckin'...

Re: Fathers Day Sunday Thread

Happy father's day to y'all out there. My dad's been gone since 2006. My mom came home from the hospital on Friday. We've had overnight coverage for her and it is looking like we're going to have to keep doing this for as long as she is on oxygen. If the oxygen thing becomes permanent we are looking at possibly having to find a spot in a facility for her. We are striving to keep her as safe and comfortable as possible for as long as we can at home. I'm in a bit of a down mood right now and this freaking headache I have is not helping. I hope I didn't get anything from hanging at the hospital every day for the past week. Not feeling too good. sorry to be a downer.

Dan, I hope your Mom gets better soon and that you haven't got the funk. I'm glad at least that you've got your Mom out of the hospital.

Got a nice father's day message from my son. He'll be home from his Asia journey in a week, and I'm excited. Going to have a special lunch with my daughter today, so I'm a happy Papa.

I lost my father in 2008 and miss him every day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Happy Father's Day everyone! I'm not very close to my father. He was physically in our lives and provided for us, so that's good. I'll stop by are at least call him later.

Dan - I know what you are dealing with - been there... God bless...

We're packing for a trip to Alaska - the first five days are work for me - the second 5 is vacation. The Mrs. was just diagnosed with Lyme Disease - not a good combination with alcohol - seems like she's ignoring the Doc about that - she's pretty far gone today... FML!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Hope all enjoyed whatever Father’s Day had to offer. Myself, I’m not into that “Hallmark” crap so daddy’s day is just another day, but I did enjoy a great Sunday with those I care about.

We played an outdoor festival yesterday that was kind of iffy weather-wise, but turned out to be a fun event. I got to see an old band mate that currently plays with Miles Nielsen and the Rusted Hearts (Yes, Rick’s son) and it was nice touching base with him after quite a few years.

Happy F-day everyone.

Well, it's not father's day down here, and I actually didn't see my daughter.

Spent most of the day nursing a hangover with black coffee and watched Brazil play a mediocre game agains Switzerland (World Cup of Soccer).

Damn, I need to sleep better. I've been having some TOUGH days and especialy nights lately.