Thread: Aargh !!

Aargh !!

curses! fiddlesticks !!

meh, my actual expletives were far saltier. I've knocked over yet again a cup, almost completely full, of fresh hot coffee at my music room computer desk. Because I can't have enough fun without having to spend 20 plus minutes wiping up the exploding splatter of a hot fluid that i'm pretty sure physics says will go further than a cold liquid.

like the last time it happened, I probably will impose a ban on coffee in my music room again. For a month or more, I might actually abide by it. Then complacency sets in and I begin to sip the java in there once more. Until the next spill.

What was that definition, repeating an action expecting a different outcome? Stupidity? Insanity? both?

Re: Aargh !!

This is one of the benefits of drinking tea with no milk or sugar! If you spill it you may have water issues but it doesn't stink the place up! You barely have to clean it up!

good point about the tea. I drink tea at night, lemon and ginger or orange and spice, also without cream or sugar. Interestingly, I haven't spilled any of that ... yet. I've only started doing this a couple months ago so give it time, it will happen.

I feel your pain.

I spilled a sticky nasty energy drink all over the console of my hotrod on the way to work yesterday.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

I went through a spell about 15 years ago where I was spilling things. I had to slow down, pay attention and make better choices.
    As some may know, I have a 1997 Miata and it's a bare bones car- manual transmission, no power steering, no A/C, no power windows... not a single cup holder.
    I put a cheap window mounted cup holder in it and put a large Coke in the cup holder (not to drink while driving, but to bring it back to work). The cup holder failed and I watched the whole drink spill out onto the floor of the car. That was the end of cup holders in that car.