Thread: 1st Sunday in June Thread

1st Sunday in June Thread

I'm a little surprised that no one's beaten me to it, given the international makeup of this group! But since someone needed to start the traditional Sunday thread and I'm up, I guess it's up to me.

We've been getting so much rain lately that I half expect to look out my window and see an ark floating by! The forecast looks pretty gloomy for the rest of the week, too. So, it's probably a lot of indoor activity (sorry garden, you'll just have to grow unbounded for a few more days).

Today is the usual: church, lunch at my favorite place, watch baseball on TV. I'm thinking of going to see Solo, even though a lot of people claim it's a Disney Disaster. I've seen all the other Star Wars franchise movies, so why not spend a few bucks on a rainy day?

Re: 1st Sunday in June Thread

I got all of my house duties out of the way yesterday.

I'm continuing to learn cover songs for the band I've joined. Yesterday, I learned Pink Floyd's "Young Lust." The bass, while simple, is carefully orchestrated, so it has subtle little changes throughout. Today, I'll rehearse the 25 other songs I've learned and be ready for the next practice.

I'm loving my new Precision!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Nice and sunny here today. Mowing the lawn is part of the plan followed by practice. I met with Charlie Karp last week and we went through a bunch of songs to pick out which three we're going to record next. We'll start on Friday! have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'm loving my new Precision!
    I’ve got a ‘65 Precision I purchased new that has been sitting in a closet since around ‘75 or so. I think I’ll bring that to a gig and give it a try. Willie, give a US made Lakland a try; if you like the Precision I think you’ll be very impressed with the Lakland.

Our day here will be the usual Sunday with church, followed by breakfast with our group of friends. Today will be a partly cloudy day with temps in the mid 60s so it should be a pleasant Sunday.

I've lusted after a Lakland for a while, but I think my next bass-related purchase will be a vintage re-issue Ampeg SVT. I've heard that they've corrected some of the problems they had with those heads. But that's going to be a long time down the road.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

sunny but cooler day here, going to get cool and probably rainy for the next few days. I've got a guitar body to unbox and inspect. With the incipient inclement weather expected I may start the swapping of parts. However, an unexpected drain clog in the upstairs bathroom sink may delay things. Usually I notice a slower than usual drainage before it just suddenly stops. eh, whatever

got to go get another cup of coffee from the fresh pot that just finished.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I've lusted after a Lakland for a while, but I think my next bass-related purchase will be a vintage re-issue Ampeg SVT. I've heard that they've corrected some of the problems they had with those heads. But that's going to be a long time down the road.
    I got into Lakland basses after working a festival with a band called Sonia Dada and their bass player, Erik Scott, had an early Lakland bass (This was around ‘98 or so) that I thought was one hell of a great bass. Sometime in ‘99 Dan Lakin sent a 55-94 bass to me and told me, “play it for the weekend, if you don’t like it, send it back”. I ended up being a Lakland endorser and I’ve been playing that same 55-94 bass ever since; it is the bass in my aviator.

My son's college graduation was on Saturday. A proud moment! The weather held out although it was hot and muggy. Sunday was much cooler with less important things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I got into Lakland basses after working a festival with a band called Sonia Dada and their bass player, Erik Scott, had an early Lakland bass (This was around ‘98 or so) that I thought was one hell of a great bass. Sometime in ‘99 Dan Lakin sent a 55-94 bass to me and told me, “play it for the weekend, if you don’t like it, send it back”. I ended up being a Lakland endorser and I’ve been playing that same 55-94 bass ever since; it is the bass in my aviator.

It sure is a beautiful bass.

Was up in lake country on the weekend. Ran back to town, grabbed my bass and headed back into the sticks for a rare Sunday afternoon band practice whle my wife, daugter and mother-in-law were at a Mamma Mia show!