Thread: Little practice amp

Little practice amp

I’m thinking of getting a small bass amp for home so I can leave my Rumble 350 in my band’s practice room. It’s no fun with my shoulders to lug that thing back and forth.

I’m thinking about the 40 watt Fender Rumble at $199, but I’m open to suggestions.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Little practice amp

the acoustic 260 mini stack is a decent little bass amp. I had one before but it had a bad input jack so I returned it, got an Amp mini SVT but I didn't like that. A few years later I found an Acoustic 260 mini on fleabay and met the guy at a nearby mall to buy it. It is patiently awaiting the completion of my p bass project.

I think they've been discontinued ... again. They were not made for a while then they were again and now it appears they are not available except used. There's one used at the Danvers MA, GC

I’ve decided rather to just use my PA system. Gets as good of a tone as a small practice amp would. Besides. After my wallet has recovered from the Precision bass, I’m thinking of buying my dream amp, an Ampeg SVT stack—in a couple of years.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I like practicing my bass in my living room, and it's not practical to move the PA into that room, so I went ahead and bought a Fender Rumble 40 for home.

I've left my Rumble 350 in my band's practice room--it's not incredibly heavy, but there are stairs, and with my shoulders, I'd do best to leave it where it is.

The Rumble 350 is a surprisingly loud (2x10) and full sounding amp. The 40 is all I need from home. XLR out, so I can use it for recording.