Thread: recent convert

Forum Member

recent convert

convert!! lol well I have always been a Marshal freak but now I decided to walk on the wild side I bought a Fender Champion 40 to play with. I have always liked the warmth of fender from tubes and I know I wont get that with this but im not peeling the paint off the walls anymore so might be a good fit.

Forum Member

Re: recent convert

I will check them out. I love my tubbies though so forgive if I don't convert! How do YOU like it? That's what matters. Can you get it to colorize nicely?

Nothing wrong with being a Marshall freak! Years ago I bought a 57 Deluxe Reissue only because I was told, on expert advice, that it would be the closest thing I would find to a 10-watt Marshall! Basically he was telling me that Marshall didn't make anything decent in that power range. I recently bought a 59 Bassman reissue only because a Bluesbreaker, reissue of course, is too dang heavy and a JTM45 & cab would be cost prohibitive!

These amps all share the same gene pool!

Quote Originally Posted by BGReed2 View Post
    I recently bought a 59 Bassman reissue only because a Bluesbreaker, reissue of course, is too dang heavy and a JTM45 & cab would be cost prohibitive!
    I'm headed the other way! After almost 40 years of playing Fender amps and dreaming of a JTM45, I bought an Avatar 45 head (JTM45 with a few modern touches). It came with a really heavy oversized 2x12" cab, but I bought a good 1x12" cab and put a Scumback alnico in it. It's my version of a relatively inexpensive (under $1k) and manageable (each piece is about 30 pounds) Bluesbreaker!

Back on topic- I've considered getting a Champion 20 to leave at work for our weekly jam sessions.

Forum Member

ok first off it has been 10 yrs, since I actually played.....

Well my amp came today so i unboxed it plugged it in, tuned up my schecter and OMFG it was like I never played at all, my hands were so stiff (arthritis) and the neck felt like a tree trunk. I didn't think about it but I need to replace the strings so i'll start checking what's new in the string game.

I want my next amp to either be EL34 or 6L6 powered with big iron and either a 4x12 cab or a 4x10 open back cab.

lo power tweed twin

JCM 2000 DSL 50

JMP Mk II 50 watt

Concert