Thread: The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend

The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend

This should be a great weekend with temps in the high 80° to low 90° range and bright cloudless days. Today I have the top down on the Vette and we're headed out for the usual Bloody Mary, breakfast and coffee run. Tomorrow it's the annual local parade followed by a friend's band playing at the local AMVETS club.

Re: The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend

I'm going to do something revolutionary today: I'M NOT VACUUMING. I know that it's a dangerous precedent, but dammit, this Sunday, I'm just not going to do it. In fact, I'm not going to vacuum until next Sunday. So there!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

nooo, that's how the Dust Bowl began. At least according to my parents who insisted i vacuum every week. well that was one habit that never took. not proud of it but that's the fact.

cold rainy weekend on tap, or i should say today and tomorrow are forecast to be less than great. yesterday was hot and mostly sunny until later in the afternoon when we got some t-showers. 30 degree temperature swing. we're supposed to go to a party today but I don't think my mom will be up to it.

My son went racing yesterday and I watched the Monaco GP and the end of the Indy 500. I've got a phone interview on Tuesday and have some research to do.

Today was WEED day. The problem with leaving home for a couple of weeks and having it rain non-stop for eight days is that not only the grass grows unabated, but so do the weeds. I managed to get the grass under control last weekend, so this weekend it was time to tackle the weeds.

Under other circumstances I would probably not give a major hoot, but since I recently spent over $3,000 on front and rear yard landscaping, it almost hurts to see that money getting overgrown. So, armed with gloves, knee pads, a short stool, a weed-puller and an iPod with earphones, I went to work.

Now, I'm not a spring chicken anymore. My back lets me know earlier and earlier that it doesn't like it when I'm bending and twisting too much, so under the hot sun, I managed to clear about 97% of the weeds in my front AND back yards.

Now you know how I spent my Memorial Day Sunday. I took a few breaks for cold water, lunch and just to give my back a rest.

On the bright side, the iPod is one I loaded with music for running years ago, and haven't listened to in about two years. I really enjoyed hearing some artists I enjoy that I haven't listened to in a while, Kit Watkins, Ludovico Einaudi, David Helpling, Erik Wollo, Vangelis, David Darling, and more. Not everyday names, I grant you, but stuff that puts me into the "zone" when I'm running.

It's dinner time. I haven't decided yet, but I think I'm going to reward myself with something.

Was up at the lake this past weekend. The weather is starting to get nice - shorts and t-shirts for a change. But damn! The blackflies and mosquitos came with that nice weather. I tried to go out in the boat, but was eaten alive before I made it to the end of the dock! So I stayed inside to troubleshoot the wiring for my new ceiling fan AND attempted to diagnose why my tankless hot water system is not working. Failed on both accounts. So I had a beer or three.