Thread: Sunday Thread, May 20

Sunday Thread, May 20

Good morning.

Beautiful day here, and I feel rested. For the first time since my surgery in March, I was able to sleep in my bed, just for 4 hours, but it was gooooood sleep.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Thread, May 20

wow, that's a long time. good for you, good sleep is way too underrated. I've been up a little late the last few nights again and I've been feeling it during the day when I sit down in a quiet spot and invariably fall asleep. As long as it isn't behind the wheel of my car, I'm good for the most part.

threatening to rain and even t-showers today. not doing too much, but I want to check out this hot property deal I heard about in Hawaii.

oh BTW, in case you didn't see it elsewhere, riffstation is giving away its desktop version of Riffstation Pro as it is leaving the mobile market. This will not work on phones, sorry

https://pro.riffstation.com

I downloaded it last night and tested it with AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" since it is the first song that shows on my iTunes and sonovagun the dang thing works. I then tested it with an original of mine I recorded (badly I might add) on cassette about 20 years ago and bam, it did it again. This could be a game changer for me.

Not a lot going on today. It's threatening to rain. I did a little plumping work and we're going to the grand opening of a new facility that my son works at.

After eight straight days of rain, it's finally gotten sunny. And hot!

Just about everyone in the neighborhood is out mowing their lawns, as the grass has grown to about 5"! I got a head start on them yesterday, as I got hoe from work around 6:30 and the rain had cleared and it was dry enough for me to take care of my small front yard.

Today is pretty much my first day off in two weeks. Well, I spent eight days in Costa Rica on vacation, so "day off" is taking a bit of license.

I got thrown into work the moment I got back from vacation, so that's why I'm feeling the need. It's all about not having been home. I needed to do a laundry, reset things that went out during a power outage while I was gone, etc.

There is a two hour "all hands" meeting I have to attend this evening, which is why I said "pretty much" my first day off.

Tuned up "Shimmer" and am noodling about while watching some Major League Baseball on the tube.

I didn't get much of anything accomplished this weekend outside of the grocery/clean/cook equation.

I'm still trying to slide back into normal life after Mrs. Gator's hospitalization and going to visit a dying relative.

It rained this evening for the first time in almost four weeks and now the power is out.

A most not exciting development.

At least the laptop and cellphone are charged.

I better go and rescue the cold beer from the fridge before it warms up and dies a slow death.

Be well my friends.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

We managed Bloody Marys, breakfast and coffee with several of our really good friends this morning and I followed that with getting the lawn mowed in the afternoon. This evening my wife and I drove to another town to plant a “happy birthday” surprise on a friend’s lawn. I hope he enjoys it.

Long holiday weekend up here. Seems like spring is having a hard time getting here. I'm usually swimming in the lake this time of year but it had ice on it three weeks ago so I just put the dock out and took the boat for a spin. Cool enough at night that I needed to put a fire on in the wood stove. But nice enough I guess - not snowing, so I'm not complaining! Gotta do some servicing on my motorcycles on my day off tomorrow - maybe get out for a spin if all goes well.

ch_willie - that's good news! I went through the same thing in Jan-Feb; with the pneumonia I had, I had to sleep sitting upright on my sofa. After 42 nights of that, I was kind of used to it but boy was I glad to get back into my own bed!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    wow, that's a long time. good for you, good sleep is way too underrated. I've been up a little late the last few nights again and I've been feeling it during the day when I sit down in a quiet spot and invariably fall asleep. As long as it isn't behind the wheel of my car, I'm good for the most part.

threatening to rain and even t-showers today. not doing too much, but I want to check out this hot property deal I heard about in Hawaii.

oh BTW, in case you didn't see it elsewhere, riffstation is giving away its desktop version of Riffstation Pro as it is leaving the mobile market. This will not work on phones, sorry

https://pro.riffstation.com

I downloaded it last night and tested it with AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" since it is the first song that shows on my iTunes and sonovagun the dang thing works. I then tested it with an original of mine I recorded (badly I might add) on cassette about 20 years ago and bam, it did it again. This could be a game changer for me.
    Hmm, I bought Riffstation a few years ago and used it a lot when learning a bunch of new songs for a band I joined. I liked it, it worked well. Customer service was good too - a bunch of good ol boys in Ireland. May have to download and install on my most recent computer.

Fun weekend - big family get-together to welcome my daughter-in-laws parents from Poland. They don't speak English and we don't speak Polish but they are very dear people. It was good until the huge family blowout and they all left in a huff (the wife was drunk and started a fight with her son). Sunday she was in bad shape but at least I managed to get the lawn done before it started raining. Went fishing Friday evening and got 4 trout - 3 Rainbows and a Brookie. Thank God it's Monday and I can go to work.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain