Thread: Friend of 20 Years My Fender DG-7 (Post about your's as well)

Forum Member

Friend of 20 Years My Fender DG-7 (Post about your's as well)

I have several acoustic guitars (all Fender) but this is the one I play the most, my Fender (beginner's model) DG-7. It doesn't go in a case and has stayed at my side on a stand for the last 20 plus years of playing and writing. During that time the most I've done on it (in addition to play it) is change strings and clean it. You can see the scars from being played and having pets and children knock it over from time to time. This May I put on a set of $6 Strap Lock buttons and added a Tusq nut and saddle. I have another guitar with a simulated bone nut and saddle I love the sound of but I have to say that going from stock plastic to Tusq is really an eye opener. A week ago I played one of the New low end Taylor acoustic guitars at Guitar Center and the Tusq parts let this guitar project a very similar sound in volume, sustain, and just being pleasant to the ears.

Re: Friend of 20 Years My Fender DG-7 (Post about your's as well)

Nice!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Friend of 20 Years My Fender DG-7 (Post about your's as well)

Very nice!

I have two "old friends." One, is a Framus 12-string I bought new in 1971. It is entirely stock. The inlaid logo has worn away, but otherwise, the guitar is as it was when purchased. Just a little faded.

The other is a 1957 Gibson ES-225, which I traded a set of stereo speakers for in 1983.

I replaced the tuning keys -- I had to, they were crumbling away -- and the pots, but otherwise the wear and tear on it (visible!) is honestly earned!