Thread: Cheap Trick: Live From Red Rocks on AXSTV

Forum Member

Cheap Trick: Live From Red Rocks on AXSTV

This was on this morning and I got to watch it. Been a fan of these guys a long time but even if you're not a fan you will love the fantastic guitars that Rick Neilsen plays during the show. For example a beautiful Gibson Les Paul with an Explorer neck and headstock. On DTV channel 340 set the DVR now.

Re: Cheap Trick: Live From Red Rocks on AXSTV

We ain't got the same channels down here, but I'll try to buy it on pay per view or anything. I like those guys a lot too!

Thanks for sharing

The date: some time in the summer of 1978. The place : Boston. My friend who was originally from IL insisted on going to the (? Paradise? ) club that day, said The Cars were playing. I wasn't a fan of The Cars so much and I wasn't really enthused to be there. We showed up and there's like 25 people in the whole place. It was a weird show time, too, very early probably why there were so few people. The Cars came out and thoroughly embarrassed themselves. Missed count offs, stopping in the middle of songs, even tried to start over, even one time when they weren't even all playing the same song. After about 20 minutes, they gave up and walked off the stage. I was like "come, let's go, that was awful."

"Naw, let's stick around for a while." Roadies do the break down and the next band gets set up. Then the janitor comes out in a cashmere sweater and a baseball cap with a ridiculous bill. He proceeds to walk over to a guitar, picks it up and blows the roof off the place. While my mind was trying to process what I just saw, an accountant comes out and sits behind the drum set and joins the bedlam. Finally two leather clad guys who looked like rockers come out to accompany them and that was how I was introduced to Cheap Trick and been a fan ever since. This was before their first radio hit came out and I had no idea who they were but my buddy knew them from back home.

I just realized it will be 40 years ago this summer. OMG.

I went to an Oracle World show in 2002, I think it was. Oracle throws a pretty good party at these events, and in a hall whose name I can't remember, the show consisted of REO Speedwagon, Cheap Trick and Journey (without Steve Perry). Rick Nielsen gave someone one of his guitars at the end of the show.

I saw them twice in the late 70s, early 80s. I am still a big fan
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Great live band. If you get a chance check out the Live at Darryl's House episode of them.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim