Thread: Sunday Thread 5/06

Sunday Thread 5/06

Well, Dan and I have coordinated this week, so one thread only!

It's such a beautiful day here. I'm on my back deck listening to my classic rock, deep cut playlist on Spotify and reading Charles Dickens' Bleak House.

I'm starting to record a new song today. Hoping I can decently capture the beautiful sound of my Martin.

The semester ended with our graduation yesterday. Next year, I've got to invest in a new, doctoral tam. I only wear the robe and hat once a year, so I've been cheap about getting the proper gear. Ha ha.

Last edited by ch willie; 05-06-2018 at 07:03 AM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Thread 5/06

getting some rain today, not going to complain as we actually need the water. I have a feeling it's going to be another dry year. I started working on the garage project yesterday. I have been accumulating materials and tools. I used spray foam for the first time yesterday. I'm glad I read the instructions and looked online for tips because it wasn't as easy as I had thought. I've also concluded that after hanging the first roll of insulation that I shall not be attempting to cut it vertically for the skinny cavities and will use rigid foam and seal with spray foam.

first wall section insulated, windows spray foamed. This is where my workbench will be

I will need to make some marks where the vertical strips are to go but other than that it seems to be going ok. Don't know if I'll get anything done today with the rain.

Great project, Dan!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I am halfway to Sérgio's today! My first morning (of nine) in Costa Rica, where I imbibed an extra cup of Costa Rican coffee! My trip will take me to four different locations, where I hope to photograph rainforests, tropical flora and fauna and enjoy the sights and culture of this equatorial region.

No guitar playing for me this trip. But I plan to spend a lot of time behind the camera viewfinder, so if I capture something extraordinary (say, a volcanic eruption), I'll post it here. My visits to the forum will likely be much sparser, and I think the only times I'll have Internet access will be evenings at the hotels and lodges.

Dreary rainy day here - but at least it's warm. In fact it is so warm I'd probably turn on the A. C - if it worked. Second season for a bad startup. Last year a bad capacitor - this year who know? I was going to mow the lawn but the grass is wet and it is already high... I'll at least get the mower ready so I can blast the yard tomorrow after work. Spent Friday in the studio again. We have a new song that ended up being awesome. we did a really nice set of backup vocals that really made the song "pop"! Hopefully we'll get a final mix on Thursday and then I can share!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

ah yes, forgot to say the yard received its spring clean up this week, just in time for the warm weather. Everything is wicked late this year, there are trees just coming out in bloom that are normally done flowering and already well on their way to leafing in. Nature is trying to make up for lost time and things are exploding. You can practically see the difference in just a few hours.

Lookin' good there Willie!

It was finally shorts and t-shirt weather up in the deep North! Was up even further north in cottage country where the ice is finally off the lake - it was 80% covered last weekend! Got all the patio furniture out of storage and set up, got the water pump up and running (yay, done before the bugs come out) and had dinner and a beer al fresco while watching the loons criss cross the lake at sunset. Perfect!

What wasn't so perfect was a horrendous noise the engine in my SUV was making on the drive up on Saturday. I thought I might have been low on oil, so I topped up. Nope. Thought something connected to the fan belt was rattling around. Doesn't seem to be. Valves clanking or something around the exhaust manifold? Maybe. It's a Subie boxer engine and it was noisier than it usually is, so I called for a tow home. It was an hour trek back from the cottage to my dealership where she sit awaiting inspection tomorrow. I hope it isn't too serious. Of course, I just ticked over the 5 year/100,000 km warranty a month or so ago.

Pulled the motorcycles out for a quick inspection. My GS has a flat, so I guess I'm taking the V-Star to work tomorrow.

We had a cool, cloudy day. It eventually rained. It wasn't bad though. Saturday was a beautiful day to be outdoors and get things done. Sunday was a good day to rest.