Thread: Sunday Thread 4/29

Sunday Thread 4/29

A beautiful, sunny day here.

All housework done. Nothing but leisure today.

Working on a new song and will start recording again in a week, after my semester ends and summer break gets here. Soooooo soon!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Thread 4/29

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post

Working on a new song and will start recording again in a week, after my semester ends and summer break gets here. Soooooo soon!
    dang it, I was too slow again. You need to post earlier so I don't have to try to start one, lol

here's what I posted

morning y'all. grey rainy day here. having some coffee. I now have 4 weeks to complete the garage project if I wish to finish by Memorial Day. Given how fast April went by I won't be surprised if the unofficial start of summer still finds me working on it. There was a fair bit of cold rainy weather this month so I'm blaming that and not my sloth.

summer? Summer? NO WAY, too soon ... oh, wait, academia, that's different. Never mind

We're having a one day "dip" in the weather. Temps in the low 50s today, but then next week it's supposed to be in the high 80s (which means we'll actually hit 90, if the past is any predictor).

Today is my sole day off for the week, so I'm hoping to get caught up on a number of items that have been waiting for me: Restringing "Shimmer," crafting my paracord attic ladder pull, checking out the garden and pulling weeds (although I did that a few evenings ago, so there shouldn't be many). And just cleaning up and spiffing things up.

I will say that I removed the plastic cover on my ES-335's pickguard, officially making it "mine." I'm really loving this guitar!

Nice weather here.

Slept at my GF's and after breakfast I went for some fresh burgers at the meathouse.

Just ate them with lettuce and avocadoes and right now I'm enjoying my second post-lunch mug of black coffee.

Later on I'll pick up the guitar for some practicing and in the evening I'll just chill and have a beer or two. or three.

Other things I can speak about... Last Saturday night I went to visit a local Motorcycle Club, a band I know was gonna play a gig there and I really like MC gigs. So I went there with the missus and we had a couple of Buds and Camels. It was a good time...

The guitarist plays a DIRTY early 80s SG copy that is FROM HELL. He tunes up a whole step down (his voice is a deep barithone but he goes from Southern Rock classics to ACDC and Zep that way).

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    dang it, I was too slow again. You need to post earlier so I don't have to try to start one, lol
    Haha. I’ll wait next Sunday. I just didn’t see a Sunday thread. I promise I’m not racing to be first.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Haha. I’ll wait next Sunday. I just didn’t see a Sunday thread. I promise I’m not racing to be first.
    no, that's ok. We're pretty much synchronized, that's all. It's like we drift over to our computers at about the same time, even if it's different from week to week. It's kind of spooky actually.

I was supposed to meet my son at a drift event in New Hampshire today but it's raining and he doesn't need my help so I stayed home.

I'm supposed to meet a guy later to buy a Scumback S75-PVC 65 watt speaker for my Avatar 45.

We had our usual Sunday morning breakfast with our friends followed by a trip to a local annual motorcycle show. It's always great to see old friends, that you touch base with maybe once a year if you're lucky, at the show.