Thread: Squier Jazzmaster Bridge

Squier Jazzmaster Bridge

A buddy of mine just bought a Squier Jazzmaster vintage modified with what looks to be Duncan designed single coils, a 24" scale neck.

The bridges on these are supposed to be crap, and he wants to swap his out. Will any Jazzmaster bridge replace it? I watched a video of someone swapping out the bridge on this exact model, and he used a Mustang bridge. Anybody have any knowledge of these Indonesian Jazzmasters?

Here's a link to the exact model: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...SABEgI07vD_BwE
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Squier Jazzmaster Bridge

Our newcomer friend Mike might be able to help, he knows a lot about Squiers.

My bud got it sorted. Seems this is a common complaint about the Sq Jazzmaster. I even found a few videos on youtube that talked about it and talked replacement bridges.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

What did he do to sort it out? I don't own one of these guitars but think about them often. I assume his guitar is actually a Jaguar as shown in the link.

Actually his is a Jaguar. So the link was correct, but I was goofy.
    Last edited by ch willie; 04-19-2018 at 05:23 PM.