Thread: speaking of coffee...

speaking of coffee...

...what brand have you been buying?

I'd love to see your persnal favorite bands. I don't really know much about the stuff you drink in the US, don here we're quite Lucky to have good coffee everywhere,since we produce it a lot and have a tradition in that department.

Me, though I obviously favor Brazilian coffee, I just bought a can of this to try:

Forum Member

Re: speaking of coffee...

Last week's shipment.

Newman's Own decaf... nothing fancy.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

from my local roastery I finished my Nossa Fatima from Brazil on Saturday. Sunday I started my Tuckerman's Revenge from the Co-op in Lebanon, NH

Forum Member

Folger's. Strong enough to float an I-Beam. An grits made wit' bacon squeezins. Jes' pour 'em in da coffee to save time. Carryout.

I am not a coffee snob. When given a choice, I'll buy Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Lately, I've been buying coffee at the new, low-price grocers in town, Aldi or Lidl.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I am not a coffee snob. When given a choice, I'll buy Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Lately, I've been buying coffee at the new, low-price grocers in town, Aldi or Lidl.

There is a Dunkin a half-mile from my house. I spend a lot of mornings there (although their decaf sucks).
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I can drink Dunkin from a paper cup (the small size) but I've lost my taste for drinking out of the styrofoam cups.

If I have to get a coffee from a fast food place I prefer McDonald's, they have damn good coffee as Agent Cooper would say. Black as the heart of Kali. Plus they almost always have any size for a buck so I always get the large.

But mostly I brew at home, try to keep the out of pocket spending down. As much as I like fancy schmancy latte drinks, those get $$ real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I can drink Dunkin from a paper cup (the small size) but I've lost my taste for drinking out of the styrofoam cups.

If I have to get a coffee from a fast food place I prefer McDonald's, they have damn good coffee as Agent Cooper would say. Black as the heart of Kali. Plus they almost always have any size for a buck so I always get the large.

But mostly I brew at home, try to keep the out of pocket spending down. As much as I like fancy schmancy latte drinks, those get $$ real fast.
    I would agree about McDonalds coffee!

We finally bit the bullet and got a Keurig. There are lots of great options available! We had a Tassimo but there were never a lot of options and I was kind of glad it finally died. Dunkin Donuts Hot Chocolate is also the best I've found for Keurig.

I've heard that Dunkin is transitioning from Styrofoam cups to all paper cups by 2020

from my local roastery I finished my Nossa Fatima from Brazil on Saturday. Sunday I started my Tuckerman's Revenge from the Co-op in Lebanon, NH
    You have Nossa Senhora de Fátima there? Great, that’s coffee from Minas Gerais. I myself prefer the São Paulo stuff but MG is just as good!

Forum Member

I'm not a snob but when I can drink Deathwish Coffee I do. It's simply fantastic tasting and organic. I also double filter when I make it using a paper and wire screen filter. I also use filtered water from my home which removes any chemical treatment tastes and I drink it black.

https://deathwishcoffeehelp.zendesk....UT-OUR-PRODUCT

I can drink Dunkin from a paper cup (the small size) but I've lost my taste for drinking out of the styrofoam cups

I rarely buy coffee at shops. I buy Dunkin' Donuts coffee by the bag at the grocery store and brew it at home.

They offer it in every available form-factor (I'm looking at you, Keurig), but I like the drip brew best. Thing is, I've started buying really good coffee from the "new" German grocers in town, Aldi and Lidl, and their coffee is about half the price!

My daily coffee is plain old Maxwell House Original Roast.

Occasionally, I treat myself to our town's version of Starbucks--the coffee is excellent. I admit that I like Starbucks coffee too.

One of these days, I plan on getting an espresso machine. Then, I'll look for the best kinds of coffee.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I like really good coffee but seldom drink it. I don't like the aftertaste and the caffeine hits me too hard- I can find it hard to focus, almost like being drunk.

I drink tea every day. Loose leaf, steeped in a pot at home, an infuser at work. No milk or sugar. Yunnan TGFOP black is one of my favorites. I love greens- dragon well, gunpowder, sencha (my favorite with sushi), etc... Others like oolong, Assam, English breakfast... It's become a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    My daily coffee is plain old Maxwell House Original Roast.

Occasionally, I treat myself to our town's version of Starbucks--the coffee is excellent. I admit that I like Starbucks coffee too.

One of these days, I plan on getting an espresso machine. Then, I'll look for the best kinds of coffee.

I'd recommend a Nepresso machine if u wantto go down the espresso road.

I've tried many, but that's the only domestic espresso I liked.

I've heard that Dunkin is transitioning from Styrofoam cups to all paper cups by 2020
    It's all paper at Dunkins' down here.

I love espresso but the machines are too temperamental for me. Hi pressure steam is very corrosive and even 2-3 hundred dollar machines barely last 4-6 months. I went through 3 machines in the span of 2 years and gave up. I just can't justify the price of a machine that can make enough espresso to keep me happy.

When we had a Dunkin’ store I used to grab a coffee every morning on my way to work. When they closed that location I switched to a local store called Kwik Trip for my daily supply of java. Since retiring I find I like the standard Starbucks Pike Place and throw an occasional $100 on a gift card I was given to make it easy to grab a coffee and go.

I love espresso but the machines are too temperamental for me. Hi pressure steam is very corrosive and even 2-3 hundred dollar machines barely last 4-6 months. I went through 3 machines in the span of 2 years and gave up. I just can't justify the price of a machine that can make enough espresso to keep me happy.

I got my Nespresso machine in 2012 and it's still up and running!

how many cups a day do you make with it?

At least one, Monday-Friday.

Sérgio, your original post with the Juan Valdez coffee was what provoked my first reply. While I don't usually drink instant coffee, I have some of this, which I bought on Amazon, and it's pretty good. For an instant coffee!

how many cups a day do you make with it?
    I was trying to make up to 8 cups a day. Granted, I was unfiltered tap water so that is part of the problem. Another issue was the machines were cranky if consecutive cups were attempted to be made without a full cool down between. I wanted 3 or 4 cups in the morning and I couldn't be waiting15-20 minutes for the machine to cool off between each

This is my daily go-to. Pulled as espresso in my Rancilio Silvia.