Thread: 7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition Set To Invade Freeport, LI April 21 & 22, 2018

7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition Set To Invade Freeport, LI April 21 & 22, 2018

7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition Set To Invade Freeport, LI April 21 & 22, 2018

The NY Guitar Show & Exposition (#nyguitarshow) excitedly announces the days are closing in on the 7th Annual NY Guitar Show to be held at the Freeport Recreation Center April 21 & 22, 2018 in Freeport, Long Island.

Show founder/promoter Richard Johnson said, “Our seventh year is going to be better than with new exhibitors every year as word spreads about our show and how well its run and put together tripling in size since our inception in 2012.

By popular demand the fantastic Les Paul Exhibit is back in 2018

NY Guitar Show & Exposition: The 2017 NY Guitar Show & Exposition at the Freeport Recreation Center, 130 E. Merrick Rd. in Freeport, NY on April 21 & 22, 2018 features the new Les Paul Exhibit new, vintage, used instruments , new & vintage guitar & amps, local dealers/music stores, custom builders and major manufacturers. Show manager Richard Johnson 516-435-8382 www.nyguitarexpo.com or Rich@NYguitarexpo.com. Follow us on FB at NY Guitar Expo or Twitter at #nyguitarexpo7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition Set To Invade Freeport, LI April 21 & 22, 2018

Re: 7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition Set To Invade Freeport, LI April 21 & 22,

This is what I have been talking about!! I received this e mail from Peter McMahon of Homestead Amps last night after sending out the deposit request to you folks. Please take a quick read…and feel free to call Peter if you like…

“Rich- I'm sure I reserved my room a while back so you were sure. But feel free to let me know. Did San Francisco two weekends ago. Doing Costa Mesa this weekend. Your show is still the best draw and proven sales. Please feel free to quote. It really sets the tone for my year. I love your show.”
    Peter McMahon
    Homestead Amps
    401-903-AMPS (2677)

Re: 7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition Set To Invade Freeport, LI April 21 & 22,

Pass
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Pass
    what?? what's pass?

7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition Set To Invade Freeport, LI April 21st & 22nd, 2018

This Year’s Expo to Include Great Giveaways, Exhibits, Retailers, Custom Builders, and More

February, 2018 (Freeport, NY) -- The NY Guitar Show & Exposition (#NYGuitarShow) excitedly announces the days are closing in on the 7th Annual NY Guitar Show to be held at the Freeport Recreation Center(130 E. Merrick Rd) Saturday, April 21st & Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 in Freeport, Long Island!

As the Long Island Press put it, last year’s Expo was “A multimedia networking celebration unrivaled in the region, melding together an eclectic mix of music industry movers and shakers, so-called ‘gear heads,’ musicians, collectors, fans and consumers.” with “10,000 square feet of showcase space and an endless amount of guitar and music-related activities”, and this year’s is shaping up to be even more exciting!

Guitar players and enthusiasts will have their chance to buy, sell, and trade with a wide range of dealers and collectors still TBA, as last year included Taylor Guitars, Homestead Amps, Gbase, Premier Guitar, All Music Inc. and others from gear manufacturers to custom builders!

The show also features new, vintage and used instruments & amps, local dealers/music stores, retailers, custom builders and major manufacturers. Everyone attending can participate and enjoy everything the Expo has to offer in some way! With guitars, gear, and a private pedal & amp room it is the place to be for serious players or those just getting into their groove!

Show founder/promoter Richard Johnson said recently of this year’s Expo “Our seventh year is going to be better than with new exhibitors every year as word spreads about our show and how well its run and put together tripling in size since our inception in 2012.

For More Information on the NY Guitar Show & Exposition, Contact Show Manager Richard Johnson at (516-435-8382) Rich@NYguitarexpo.com or VISIT: www.nyguitarexpo.com

FACEBOOK: Facebook.com/NYGuitarExpo
    Twitter (@NYGuitarExpo): Twitter.com/NYGuitarExpo

For Press Inquiries, CONTACT: RickEberleAgency@gmail.com

Folks,
    I want to thank you for your wonderful comments and for allowing me to use them in e mails to help promote the NY Guitar Show. We sent out two wonderful ones last week from Homestead Amps and My Generation Guitars. Here are two more that just came in and if you have one feel free to send it over.
    Thanks
    Rich Johnson

1. GAMMA Custom Bass Guitar boutique line, joined the party of the NY Guitar Show in 2016 and with ZERO regrets. I am very selective about which shows I attend and this one is by far the best…No contest! The traffic and professionalism far exceeds any other. Hence, I repeated in 2107 and will come back in 2018 for sure. Both years I exhibited, I pretty much had a potential customer sitting at my booth the entire time...BOTH DAYS! I not only sold a few basses each year at the show, buy by following up after the show with customers who had visited and sat in the Gamma booth, I sold half of the displayed inventory within three (3) months of the show. If you have the opportunity to grab a booth - - do it. Tons of fun and a great crowd. Joseph Milstein / Gamma Custom Bass Guitars

2. From the Long Island Press…”The 2017, NY Guitar Show was a multimedia networking celebration unrivaled in the region, melding together an eclectic mix of music industry movers and shakers, so-called ‘gear heads,’ musicians, collectors, fans and consumers with 10,000 square feet of showcase space and an endless amount of guitar and music-related activities, and this year’s is shaping up to be even more exciting!

About the Long Island Press: The Long Island Press is a free, independent print and digital monthly news journal serving Long Island with extensive coverage of local and national news, arts and entertainment, sports and alternative political viewpoints. The newspaper was founded in 2003 by Jed Morey after then parent company, Morey Publishing, bought The Island Ear, which was a free bi-monthly entertainment-oriented newspaper. Morey Publishing renamed the paper, using the same name of a daily newspaper that was forced out of business in 1977, and launched it as a free alternative newsweekly. The staff of the Press has included former Newsday columnist Ed Lowe[2], television columnist Todd Hyman and technology columnist Lazlow. The publication was acquired by Schneps Communications in April 2017.

NY Guitar Show Open Mic is Saturday April 21 At “Half Way Down” In Freeport on Nautical Mile

The Guitar Show Open Mic & Jam is an event we invite our exhibitors to. Vendors cooped up in booths all day noodling on guitars need to come cut loose and turn up at our annual event. Local top notch talent will sit in with our house band hosting the event, but this is all about you guys. If you are a custom builder & want your guitar or bass on stage being used we urge you to participate.

The event for 2018 has been moved to the Half Way Down on Freeport’s Nautical Mile. It’s name so because it is half way down the Nautical Mile (Woodcleft Ave.) Located at 153 Woodcleft Ave. in Freeport it’s just 5 minutes from the event venue. Contact number 516- 608-0700.

Plenty of cold refreshments & food make this a great way to party on, continue your networking and wheel and deal even after the show with other exhibitors, retailers and the public. Please RSVP if you would like to participate so we can keep this organized and rocking! The house band and I know millions of songs.

NY Guitar Show Hotels
    We have some new hotels working with us at the NY Guitar Show this year. The elegant and very close by 5 minutes away, Marriott in Uniondale, Long Island and Red Roof Inn in close by Westbury NY, both right off the a Meadowbrook Parkway. Look over the details as some have “Reserve By” dates attached to them after these dates the usual AAA or AARP type discounts can be used.

Ramada Inn-Rockville Centre
    1000 Sunrise Hwy
    Rockville Centre, NY 11570
    516-206-3727
    The Ramada is about 3 miles and 6 minutes to the venue.
    Standard Queen is $169 / discounted to $139 + tax. A room with two queen size beds is $169 discounted to $139 and king size the same rate as queen. Must use code till the March 29th then the only discounts applied are AAA, AARP, etc.
    Use code NY Guitar Show

Long Island Marriott-Uniondale, NY:
    101 James Doolittle Blvd, Uniondale, NY 11553
    Phone: 516-794-3800
    The elegant and very close by 5 minutes away, Marriott in Uniondale, Long Island. A room with two double beds is $249 discounted to $175. Then you have king size bed is $229 discounted to $165. Book your group rate for New York Guitar Show. Your guests can also call Reservations at 1-800-228-9290 and provide the agent with the group name NY Guitar Show. Need to reserve the room by March 29 using NY Guitar Show as the code.

Red Roof Inn:
    699 Dibblee Dr, Westbury, NY 11590
    516-794-2555 / 800-REDROOF
    The Red Roof in 8 miles and 7 minutes from the venue. A room with two double beds is $154 discounted to $134. Then you have king size bed is $159 discounted to $139. Our code is till March 29th, then the only discounts applied are AAA, AARP, or ask for their internal “Red Hot Deal” with the reservation agent to get their internal deals if available. Need to reserve room by March 29 & refer to group code NYGUIT to secure rooms

Gateway Inn:
    1780 Sunrise Hwy, Merrick, NY 11566
    (516) 378-7100
    We’ve worked a deal with the 60 room Gateway Inn just a quarter mile east of Meadowbrook Parkway in Merrick, Long Island and 5 minutes from the venue. Weekend rates apply of course. Rates are as follows; Standard Queen is $119 / discounted to $107 + tax. A room with two double beds is $124 discounted to $111.50. Then you have king size beds with sofa with sitting area for $139 / Discounted to $125+ tax. If you are staying Sunday night to leave on Monday it is a weekday rate of $15 less. Make sure you mention the discount for who use the code: NY Guitar Show when they reserve their rooms. www.gatewayinnlongisland.com.

The Freeport Inn & Restaurant: If you book the room on line the rates CANNOT apply, you need to do this on the phone with Paul or any of the desk staff. Weekend rates apply if you stay Thursday or Saturday and if you leave Monday then Sunday is a weekday rate. Rooms are discounted for vendors & attendees down to $135. Thursday or Sunday is $115. Use code NY Guitar Expo. Contact Info: Paul Fischer at 516-623-9100() or www.thefreeportinn.com.

Hampton Inn
    125 Merrick Rd
    516-599-1700
    The Hampton Inn of RVC is 4.2 miles and 11 minutes from the venue.
    A room with two queens is $219 / discounted to $179 + tax. Then you have king size beds usually $209 discounted to $179 and then King Studio Suite usually $229 discounted to $199. Need to be booked by March 29 using our group NGE for this discounted rate.

The NY Guitar Show is very proud to announce we have signed the legendary “Master of the Telecaster” the honorable Arlen Roth to appear at the show next month! Details to follow!! www.nyguitarexpo.com.

Sneak peek at new official poster going to stores this week

The 2018 NY Guitar Show radio spots are done and up and running on the web site. Sneak peek listen here at

http://www.nyguitarexpo.com/media/20...eRe-String.wav

http://www.nyguitarexpo.com/media/2018NYGEGeneral.wav

http://www.nyguitarexpo.com/media/20...tsAlanRoth.wav

7th Annual NY Guitar Show & Exposition to Feature Pre-eminent Recording Artist Arlen Roth

The Artist and Guitar Legend Whose Recorded with the Likes of Bob Dylan, John Entwistle, James Taylor and MORE Will Attend Saturday, April 21st From 12PM to 4PM

March, 2018 (Freeport, NY) -- The NY Guitar Show is proud to announce this year’s headliner is recording artist and “Master of the Telecaster,” Arlen Roth. Mr. Roth will be appearing for ONE DAY ONLY on Saturday April 21st from noon to 4 p.m.

Founder Rich Johnson said, “I can’t tell you how thrilled we are to have Mr. Roth, a true legend on the Fender telecaster, as our headliner this time around. Mr. Roth is an international superstar who basically started video guitar lessons back in the 80’s and we believe got it to where it is today on outlets such as YouTube. I don’t have the space here to list all his accomplishments.”

Many know Mr. Roth as the master behind the movie “Crossroads,” writing and performed most, and coached all, of Ralph Macchio's guitar parts in the 1986 movie and directed many of these scenes while serving as the film's official authenticator of any musical scenes and performing of music. Entertainment Tonight did two specials on Arlen Roth's contributions to the film Crossroads.

Mr. Roth says, “Some of my happiest times were when my family and I would come to the NY Expo....great music, great friends, endless guitars and comradery! Can't wait to appear there this year and do it all over again! It's a true honor to do this, and I hope the fans and players come out.....look forward to meeting you all!”

More About Arlen Roth: Arlen Roth is an American guitarist / recording artist, performer, tutor, author and an icon in the music industry. A Montreux Critics' Award winner for Best Instrumental Album of 1978, Roth was a regular columnist for Guitar Player mag (82’ to 92’) and performed / recorded with artists Bob Dylan, James Taylor, Danny Gatton, Albert Lee, Phoebe Snow, John Sebastian, Levon Helm and the list is endless. Arlen has released several solo albums and performs as a solo act as well. Roth, a Telecaster enthusiast, has written the book Masters of the Telecaster, which details the techniques and licks of many famous Telecaster guitar players.

The 2018 NY Guitar Show & Exposition at the Freeport Recreation Center, 130 E. Merrick Rd. in Freeport, NY on April 21 & 22, 2018 will feature legendary guitarist and Master of the telecaster Arlen Roth, new, vintage & used instruments & amps, local dealers/music stores, custom builders and major manufacturers. “The NY show grows leaps and bounds with something new every year. It’s now an East Coast fan favorite with this well-rounded guitar show highlighting vintage gear & guitars, retailers, manufacturers, private collections etc., all so anyone walking through the front door can participate in some way large or small," says Johnson.

For More Information on the NY Guitar Show & Exposition, Contact Show Manager Richard Johnson at (516-435-8382) Rich@NYguitarexpo.com or VISIT: www.nyguitarexpo.com

FACEBOOK: Facebook.com/NYGuitarExpo
    Twitter (@NYGuitarExpo): Twitter.com/NYGuitarExpo

cool. I have one of his books "Masters of the Telecasters." Wish this were closer and I'd bring it for an autograph.

You mean this guy? I don't know what kind of guitar that is, but it sure isn't a Telecaster!

is that an old Airline guitar? I think I saw Jack White with one

Guitar Center & 2018 NY Guitar Show Free Re-String String Giveaway
    The NY Guitar Show is proud to announce sponsor Guitar Center along with exhibitor & string manufacturer D’Addario will feature FREE re-stringing in the Guitar Center booth #141 both days of the 2018 NY Guitar Show.

Founder Rich Johnson said, “It’s exciting to have the local Carle Place GC store staffed and participating in the annual NY Guitar Show, offering great deals on guitars, D’Addario accessories, free restrings and the chance to sell your gear for cash.”

All attendees BOTH days of the show can bring a guitar with them and have Guitar Center re-string their guitar for FREE with a set of D’Addario strings!

Jeff Williams, Guitar Center’s District Manager says, “Guitar Center, the world’s largest instrument retailer, wants to let those attending the show from wherever, their local GC is there to serve the needs of all musicians. A one stop shop with rentals, repairs, music lessons and all the gear you may need. We’re excited to be part of the Annual Guitar Show and ready to show off some cool guitars,

“The NY show grows leaps and bounds with something new every year. It’s now an East Coast fan favorite with this well-rounded guitar show highlighting vintage gear & guitars, retailers, manufacturers, private collections etc., all so anyone walking through the front door can participate in some way large or small," said Johnson.

NY Guitar Show & Exposition: The 2018 NY Guitar Show & Exposition at the Freeport Recreation Center, 130 E. Merrick Rd. in Freeport, NY on April 21 & 22, 2018 will feature legendary guitarist and Master of the telecaster Arlen Roth, new, vintage & used instruments & amps, local dealers/music stores, custom builders and major manufacturers. Show manager Richard Johnson 516-435-8382 www.nyguitarexpo.com or Rich@NYguitarexpo.com. Follow us on FB at NY Guitar Expo or Twitter at #nyguitarexpo

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    is that an old Airline guitar? I think I saw Jack White with one
    The body shape makes me think National. Except I can't find one with SIX control knobs along the underside of the pickups.

Oops, I stand corrected.

NY Guitar Show Hotels
    We have some new hotels working with us at the NY Guitar Show this year. The elegant and very close by 5 minutes away, Marriott in Uniondale, Long Island and Red Roof Inn in close by Westbury NY, both right off the a Meadowbrook Parkway. Look over the details as some have “Reserve By” dates attached to them after these dates the usual AAA or AARP type discounts can be used.

Ramada Inn-Rockville Centre
    1000 Sunrise Hwy
    516-206-3727
    The Ramada is about 3 miles and 6 minutes to the venue.

Long Island Marriott-Uniondale, NY:
    101 James Doolittle Blvd, Uniondale, NY 11553
    Phone: 516-794-3800
    The elegant and very close by 5 minutes away, Marriott in Uniondale, Long Island.

Red Roof Inn:
    699 Dibblee Dr, Westbury, NY 11590
    516-794-2555 / 800-REDROOF
    The Red Roof in 8 miles and 7 minutes from the venue. A room with two double beds is $154. Then you have king size bed is $159. Our code is till March 29th, then the only discounts applied are AAA, AARP, or ask for their internal “Red Hot Deal” with the reservation agent to get their internal deals if available.

Gateway Inn:
    1780 Sunrise Hwy, Merrick, NY 11566
    (516) 378-7100
    We’ve worked a deal with the 60 room Gateway Inn just a quarter mile east of Meadowbrook Parkway in Merrick, Long Island and 5 minutes from the venue. Weekend rates apply of course. Rates are as follows; Standard Queen is $119 / discounted to $107 + tax. A room with two double beds is $124 discounted to $111.50. Then you have king size beds with sofa with sitting area for $139 / Discounted to $125+ tax. If you are staying Sunday night to leave on Monday it is a weekday rate of $15 less. Make sure you mention the discount for who use the code: NY Guitar Show when they reserve their rooms.www.gatewayinnlongisland.com.

The Freeport Inn & Restaurant: If you book the room on line the rates CANNOT apply, you need to do this on the phone with Paul or any of the desk staff. Weekend rates apply if you stay Thursday or Saturday and if you leave Monday then Sunday is a weekday rate. Rooms are discounted for vendors & attendees down to $135. Thursday or Sunday is $115. Use code NY Guitar Expo. Contact Info: Paul Fischer at 516-623-9100() or www.thefreeportinn.com.

Hampton Inn
    125 Merrick Rd
    516-599-1700
    The Hampton Inn of RVC is 4.2 miles and 11 minutes from the venue.

Guitar Center & 2018 NY Guitar Show Free Re-String String Giveaway

The NY Guitar Show is proud to announce sponsor Guitar Center along with exhibitor & string manufacturer D’Addario will feature FREE re-stringing in the Guitar Center booth #141 both days of the 2018 NY Guitar Show. Founder Rich Johnson said, “It’s exciting to have the local Carle Place GC store staffed and participating in the annual NY Guitar Show, offering great deals on guitars, D’Addario accessories, free restrings and the chance to sell your gear for cash.”

All attendees BOTH days of the show can bring a guitar with them and have Guitar Center re-string their guitar for FREE with a set of D’Addario strings!

Jeff Williams, Guitar Center’s District Manager says, “Guitar Center, the world’s largest instrument retailer, wants to let those attending the show from wherever, their local GC is there to serve the needs of all musicians. A one stop shop with rentals, repairs, music lessons and all the gear you may need. We’re excited to be part of the Annual Guitar Show and ready to show off some cool guitars,

“The NY show grows leaps and bounds with something new every year. It’s now an East Coast fan favorite with this well-rounded guitar show highlighting vintage gear & guitars, retailers, manufacturers, private collections etc., all so anyone walking through the front door can participate in some way large or small," said Johnson.

About Guitar Center:
    Guitar Center is the world’s largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ and lighting equipment. With more than 280 stores across the U.S. and one of the top direct sales websites in the industry, Guitar Center has helped people make music for more than 50 years. Guitar Center also provides customers with various musician based services, including Guitar Center Lessons, where musicians of all ages and skill levels can learn to play a variety of instruments in many music genres; GC Repairs, an on-site maintenance and repairs service; and GC Rentals, a program offering easy rentals of instruments and other sound reinforcement gear. For more information about Guitar Center, please visit www.guitarcenter.com.

NY Guitar Show & Exposition: The 2018 NY Guitar Show & Exposition at the Freeport Recreation Center, 130 E. Merrick Rd. in Freeport, NY on April 21 & 22, 2018 will feature legendary guitarist and Master of the telecaster Arlen Roth, new, vintage & used instruments & amps, local dealers/music stores, custom builders and major manufacturers. Show manager Richard Johnson 516-435-8382 www.nyguitarexpo.com or Rich@NYguitarexpo.com. Follow us on FB at NY Guitar Expo or Twitter at #nyguitarexpo

NY Guitar Show Booth Availability: Sad to say but due to one exhibitor having a stroke (doing fine now) , another with a wedding and another staying put as his mother in law (91) is set for surprise gall bladder surgery this Thursday, I have had 4 booths open up. Please pass the word to fellow exhibitors you know at other shows or if you’d like to expand, I now have the room to do so and you receive the multi-booth discount. Whether you are music related business or not we put 1,700 to 2,000 people through the door each year. Even if you're a private collector, we or just want to sort out the instruments in your collection or your garage, anyone can exhibit at the NY Guitar Show. All you need to have is some amps or guitars to sell, or be any other business like window replacements? How about a recording studio or rehearsal studio? No matter what you do....the NY Guitar Show is one of larger drawing shows in the country with nearly 2,000 people through the doors consistently year in and year out since our inception in 2012! Be part of the action and make $$$$!! You can contact show founder Rich Johnson

Less than 48 hours now