Thread: Purty as a picture

TFF Stage Crew

Purty as a picture

Our trumpet player is also a really talented photographer, so when he’s not tootin’, he’s snappin’.

Here’s a really great picture he took of my Ibanez PM2 as we were about to do our jazz set for dinner at a wedding gig this past Saturday.

Photo credit: Tim Perdue

Re: Purty as a picture

Very nice!

Super!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Cool! I always wished I could shoot worth a chit.

TFF Stage Crew

Oh dang. Nice photo, but tell me about your box there: flat wounds or round, stock or custom electronics, amp, effects, all that jazz (no pun intended)

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    Oh dang. Nice photo, but tell me about your box there: flat wounds or round, stock or custom electronics, amp, effects, all that jazz (no pun intended)
    Ibanez Pat Metheny signature, all stock innards. Flat wound strings, Passes through the same pedalboard I use for the rock/R&B sets, but I don’t use any effects during the jazz set. Goes into my ‘68 Custom Deluxe Reverb, into the DR channel with a touch of reverb. I generally switch the cable to the Bassman side for the later sets.

TFF Stage Crew

Here’s another shot taken after we completed the jazz set and were about to hit for the dance sets. You can see the Strat has replaced the Ibanez.

TFF Stage Crew

Nice. I guess a Deluxe Reverb covers a wide range of applications, doesn't it?k
    BTW, I figured PM stood for Pat Metheny, but it looks different than any I've seen

Forum Member

Verrry Nice!!!! Looks Super classy,clean,awesome!

I can't see the pic. I just tried on Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Chrome and IE are both brand new installs with nothing in the cache. I'll try again at home.

TFF Stage Crew

BTW, I figured PM stood for Pat Metheny, but it looks different than any I've seen
    I think they’ve had a couple different iterations of his sig guitar over the years. Currently I believe they have mine (PM2-AA), a cheaper PM2 without the AA wood, and a high-end model (PM200) with even nice wood, detailing, electronics, etc., that runs around $3500, which was too spendy for me.

I recall hearing something that they had to change the original sig guitar because it was basically an exact replica of his ES-175, and things got a little lawsuit-ish.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I can't see the pic. I just tried on Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Chrome and IE are both brand new installs with nothing in the cache. I'll try again at home.
    Hmm... sorry! Not sure what’s up. I can see it on my iPad and my work computer running Chrome and/or MS Edge.

They are hot links from my Dropbox, which might be the problem too. Dropbox changed their photo sharing policies last year and made all of my former hot links disappear. Currently I hot-link them by pasting a “share link” into the TFF window, then change the very last code in the URL from “dl=0” to “raw=1” which was a trick I found on the interwebs.

My best guess is that DropBox only lets so many people besides me see the link each day, or, maybe dropbox’s servers were down when you were looking last night. Let me know if you have any luck later on, and I’ll investigate further.

TFF Stage Crew

Current pedalboard:

I can see the pics on my iPhone- maybe because I use dropbox at home (this is my work computer). You mentioning dropbox made me think to try it. That guitar is nice looking! So's the hall! I have a Voodoo Lab ISO 5. It's "just right" for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    Here’s another shot taken after we completed the jazz set and were about to hit for the dance sets. You can see the Strat has replaced the Ibanez.

man, nice stage

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    man, nice stage
    Yeah, that place is amazing. It’s called the Bluestone, and it’s actually a 115-year-old church that’s been repurposed as a venue for weddings and small-theater national touring acts.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I can see the pics on my iPhone- maybe because I use dropbox at home (this is my work computer). You mentioning dropbox made me think to try it. That guitar is nice looking! So's the hall! I have a Voodoo Lab ISO 5. It's "just right" for my needs.
    Glad you found a work-around. Could be the dropbox issue for sure, as my home and work machines are tied to it.

And yes, I really like that ISO 5. I wanted to scale back from my huge board, but didn’t want to give up what the PedalPower does in AC-hum elimination. ISO 5 was just right.

Glad you found a work-around. Could be the dropbox issue for sure, as my home and work machines are tied to it.
    I can see the pics on my Mac as well. That's also tied into my dropbox account.

Ibanez makes some fantastic guitars. I've always admired that one.

Pete, hall looks cool, how was the sound? I'm betting pretty good with no ceiling.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Ibanez makes some fantastic guitars. I've always admired that one.

Pete, hall looks cool, how was the sound? I'm betting pretty good with no ceiling.
    Really good sound for sure. A bit verby before it was filled with bodies, and even then I needed no verb on my amp for the rock/R&B sets. Bluestone have their own PA, which was fairly state of the art and sounded nice. The sound guy was a bit unreliable; often wouldn't un-mute certain mics because he wasn't paying attention, but overall it was fine.

TFF Stage Crew

That pedal board is a little light. You're gonna need to step up your game a bit
    Lol

That pedal board is a little light. You're gonna need to step up your game a bit
    Lol
    George L's. Oh, the humanity!

LOL! Always worked for me.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

TFF Stage Crew

Lol
    Hahaha. The lighter the better, these days. If we didn’t do so many 80s covers in our third set, I wouldn’t even have the chorus pedal.

And OA, good eye! Those are still the George L’s I got like 12 years ago, although I didn’t have enough L-Jacks left, so I had to punt to the braided cable from the Wah to the OCD. Lol. Still, 12+ years and no failure... I’ll take it.

Hahaha. The lighter the better, these days. If we didn’t do so many 80s covers in our third set, I wouldn’t even have the chorus pedal.

And OA, good eye! Those are still the George L’s I got like 12 years ago, although I didn’t have enough L-Jacks left, so I had to punt to the braided cable from the Wah to the OCD. Lol. Still, 12+ years and no failure... I’ll take it.
    I've got a few, if you need 'em let me know.