Thread: One last look before saying goodbye to a piece of history (Leslie content):

TFF Stage Crew

One last look before saying goodbye to a piece of history (Leslie content):

A friend scooped up this Leslie model 120 up as a project & then stored it away until it became an albatross around his neck. So it comes to me. I'm going to take the guts & put them into a shorter cab, w/a more guitar amp friendly set of controls (you know, a two button footswitch with On/Off & Fast/Slow). I thought I would take some pics before it undergoes a metamorphosis:

Here is the heart of the beast, a vintage 12" Jensen speaker:

& the large Styrofoam drum:
    Last edited by Cogs; 04-27-2018 at 09:41 AM.

TFF Stage Crew

Re: One last look before saying goodbye to a piece of history (Leslie content):

Below is the socket for the fast/slow motors, above is the junction box for the whole shootin match:

Luckily, a hand schematic is provided right on the box. The speaker leads have been detected & will be rerouted to a 1/4" jack:
    Last edited by Cogs; 04-27-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Cool.

Edited
    Last edited by CoyotesGator; 04-27-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

I can't see the pics either. I ran my Leslie 145 cab with a Hamptone preamp pedal. It sounded awesome!

I can't see the pictures either.

TFF Stage Crew

Last edited by Cogs; 04-26-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Discussions like this always remind me of the song on Steppenwolf's second album, "Hodge, Podge, Strained Through a Leslie."

Also, I believe that John Cippolina (late, of Quicksilver Messenger Service) used a Leslie. One of the early/only guitarists to do so.

That looks clean in the one pic that I can now see!

Here's a pedal like the one that I had.

TFF Stage Crew

I think I fixed it

I see it now! Wow! You can repackage that way smaller! My 145 had a power amp, motor, drum and horn.

TFF Stage Crew

Yes, this model is closer in design to my model 130, which had a 10" speaker. Just a styrofoam drum, no horn

TFF Stage Crew

That is super cool. Can't wait to see the finished product!

TFF Stage Crew

Well don't hold your breath, lol
    I've hit a bit of a snag w/the wiring. My 120 switches are just wired directly to the motors & such. I'd like to find out the benefits of using the relay that is in the little control box, & then figure out the best way to hook it up. I might have to reach out to Captain Foldback
    http://www.captain-foldback.com/
    I'm gonna post over at the LPF as well, maybe the members over there have some insight

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    A friend scooped up this Leslie model 120 up as a project & then stored it away until it became an albatross around his neck. So it comes to me. I'm going to take the guts & put them into a shorter cab, w/a more guitar amp friendly set of controls (you know, a two button footswitch with On/Off & Fast/Slow). I thought I would take some pics before it undergoes a metamorphosis:

Here is the heart of the beast, a vintage 12" Jensen speaker:

& the large Styrofoam drum:
    Bello!