Thread: RainSong Guitars

RainSong Guitars

We don't have a subsection here for guitars other than Fender, clones and Gibsons, so I hope it's okay to post this here.

Has anyone heard of RainSong Guitars? I hadn't, until I read an article today on
    Spinditty and my interest was piqued.

RainSong Guitars aren't made of wood, but of carbon fiber. The result is an instrument with better tuning stability, better resistance to climate changes and excellent craftsmanship. The sound is supposed to be excellent as well. A little on the pricey side ($1200 - $2400 approx.) but could be worth it if true.

Re: RainSong Guitars

Have and I've played one. Not my cup of tea. I think as a collector's oddity they're cool but not much in the player department.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Mom has a couple of CA’s. I think they are what Rain Song became.

One is a dred that I like when set up with whatever Elixers it was intended to be used with.

Big and present sound.

More later.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Yeah, Ovation has been building bullet-proof guitars for decades and they sound great at a fraction of the price.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Yeah, Ovation has been building bullet-proof guitars for decades and they sound great at a fraction of the price.
    But the Rainsong can substitute for a paddle if you happen to need one...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain