Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Still Own Your Fave Strat Ever?

Re: Do You Still Own Your Fave Strat Ever?

https://soundcloud.com/chuck-smith-3/rootster-2

Here's a clip of my old reliable white Strat Plus.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

https://soundcloud.com/chuck-smith-3/plano75

And here is my gold Strat doing a little Texas Blues
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Yes, The one I just bought couple months ago... 60's Lacquer Stratocaster.. Best playing strat I have owned so far...
    This is a pic when I first opened the tweed case it came with brand new... I have since put 57/62 pickups in her and CTS pots and it just play's so sweet ! I am really impressed with it..

nice, Harleytech. I've got 57/62s in my Strat. Love them.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    nice, Harleytech. I've got 57/62s in my Strat. Love them.
    Yep... I just love those pickups !

No, I don’t. I had a heavily modified MIM that I sold a couple years ago. I’ve always been more of a Tele guy, and the Strat had been sitting around collecting dust. It wasn’t the greatest of all time, but I liked the way it sounded. It had a maple neck and custom set of flat pole Alnico 3 pups in it. Not exactly, but it had a 54 type tone going on, think Ronnie Wood and you’re close. Probably never should have sold it, but I’m forever buying and modifying Strats. So I’ll get a nicer one at some point.

Beautiful guitars everyone, thanks for sharing!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Forum Member

My brand new sunburst 1981 Strat, with 3 bolts and an S shaped neck was the worst pile of junk I even parted with cash for. So it went to the back of the cupboard and It’s still in the back of the cupboard. Never thought I would buy another Strat, until I tried a Fender Strat Elite made in 1983 when the new people took over. Not many people like these, but I do and got my first one in 1993.
    I like the slightly larger fret board at the nut
    I like the three buttons to select pick ups.....any one, any two or all
    I like the tremolo. Some people don’t, but perhaps I was more patient in setting it up.
    I like the special pickups, active and silent
    I like the controls, volume and the mid boost etc......which is what the Clapton Strat was based on.
    I like the gold plating
    I like the pearl buttons.....similar / same as on the James Burton Tele.
    I like the 12 inch finger board, the push in tremolo, even the string trees...and they put this style on guitars like the Nashville Tele now.
    yes I like everything about them, so much so I bought another, so, I now have one in Enerald Green with gold and one in Black with chrome and I won’t be selling either.
    Even the case for the gold is made to the highest quality. I keep them at home now and no longer use these for gigs......I have others for that.

Many years ago my son purchased a 25th Anniversary Strat from a good friend of mine. My son kept that guitar for a couple of years but really wanted a 335 Gibson so I arranged the sale of the Strat to a member of my band.

To make a long (very long) story short, A couple of years ago I ran into my bandmate and managed to buy my son’s Strat back and, after having it mechanically restored, gave it back to my son for Christmas.

I don’t know if that’s what this thread is about, but that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Many years ago my son purchased a 25th Anniversary Strat from a good friend of mine. My son kept that guitar for a couple of years but really wanted a 335 Gibson so I arranged the sale of the Strat to a member of my band.

To make a long (very long) story short, A couple of years ago I ran into my bandmate and managed to buy my son’s Strat back and, after having it mechanically restored, gave it back to my son for Christmas.

I don’t know if that’s what this thread is about, but that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.
    That's a beautiful story.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

On a trip to Guitar Center with TeleBob I found a set of '69 Custom Shop Pickups for an insane price. I didn't even own a strat but now I had an excuse. Bob and I hit several music stores and found this strat. We bought a whole set of parts so he could wire up the pickups into a new pick guard and then swap it all out. When he started wiring it up it became apparent that someone had swapped out the Custom Shops for a regular pair, but Fender made good on it and sent me a brand new set. Here you see the before and after pics. I will never sell it - it's a really nice sounding guitar.

Before:

After...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Nice strats boys!
    Last edited by dirtdog; 05-05-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Gj, I like the white plastic. The dark is nice, but the lighter pg seems to let the guitar wood take center stage.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Nice strats boys!

I sold the only Strat I've ever owned. But I have a Tele and I'll always have a Tele.
    The Tele would be the last of my six string electrics that I would ever part with.

yes I do----
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Gj, I like the white plastic. The dark is nice, but the lighter pg seems to let the guitar wood take center stage.

I agree! I love natural wood guitars - this one is multi-piece, but it sounds perfect and that is what matters.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

they'll have to pry this one out of my cold dead hands. not just my favorite strat, but the actual factual best guitar ever made:

I really love that blue. If I had a second Strat, I'd want one just like yours.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/chuck-smith-3/plano75

And here is my gold Strat doing a little Texas Blues
    That had a good funk going on there bro!

Ouch!! Sore subject. I purchased this '55 in '72 and it was stolen while I was on the road in '83. I still miss it.

[IMG][/IMG]

I briefly owned the '63 but it was too clean and I sold it for a decent price shortly after the picture was taken. The Goldtop was a '68 retrofitted for PAF's. It was nice but weighed as much as an anchor.

The ones that get away, hey RGR?