Thread: I found this one fascinating! Gamechanger.

Forum Member

I found this one fascinating! Gamechanger.

Expensive Wino posted this one on the mothership. Really cool idea IMO. I like the way they implemented it...

Re: I found this one fascinating! Gamechanger.

I Like it!

That's very cool!

That effect can be done a whole lot better. If you map one of your midi expression pedals to mix effects in and out you're doing exactly the same thing only with a lot better processor.

Looks like a cheapo ripoff of what a good system can do. I'd like to see what processor they're using. It sounds like it struggles to keep the signal clean. Sounds like it's maybe 16 bit. Made in Latvia too!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    That effect can be done a whole lot better. If you map one of your midi expression pedals to mix effects in and out you're doing exactly the same thing only with a lot better processor.

Looks like a cheapo ripoff of what a good system can do. I'd like to see what processor they're using. It sounds like it struggles to keep the signal clean. Sounds like it's maybe 16 bit. Made in Latvia too!

Well crap OA! I thought I liked it. It's really heavy too!
    Last edited by renderit; 02-25-2018 at 09:48 AM.

I like it. I can do some of that with my delay pedal, but not all. I think it's pretty cool for a stand-alone pedal. And Latvia is not a backwater--I'm not surprised that they can do electronics well.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I like that guitar...a LOT. Anyone have info on that?

Forum Member

TFF Stage Crew

That looks like a cool & useful pedal!

i thought it was pretty cool

So, I'm curious. What song do you play live for which this effect would be useful?
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Hotel California, Riders on the Storm so far (not live yet though) but many things with minors are naturals. It brings out the dark to me, but I think that is just in my mind. Anything primarily 12 bars seems to like it as well. But I am finding it fun to have hooked up and sounding more full when playing by myself. Almost any song I am finding works well with it with little practice. It becomes pretty natural quickly, though I am still fartin' with the nuances. Also standing and using it is a bit challenging to get used to but it comes. I am rearranging my guitar room and looking forward to using the wet/dry switch into a second amp. When it becomes "more natural" I think it will be the second pedal I won't do without, but I am not sure of that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Hotel California, Riders on the Storm so far (not live yet though) but many things with minors are naturals. It brings out the dark to me, but I think that is just in my mind. Anything primarily 12 bars seems to like it as well. But I am finding it fun to have hooked up and sounding more full when playing by myself. Almost any song I am finding works well with it with little practice. It becomes pretty natural quickly, though I am still fartin' with the nuances. Also standing and using it is a bit challenging to get used to but it comes. I am rearranging my guitar room and looking forward to using the wet/dry switch into a second amp. When it becomes "more natural" I think it will be the second pedal I won't do without, but I am not sure of that yet.

Dude, you soooo need a rack!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Dude, you soooo need a rack!
    Well that's not very nice! The last time was about 10 years ago going over a rail fence with muddy boots! I actually saw stars! And I don't even think with them!

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Well that's not very nice! The last time was about 10 years ago going over a rail fence with muddy boots! I actually saw stars! And I don't even think with them!
    Hahahaha
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Still beating this thang!

I love it.

Between it and the Cali76TX-P (and a bit more practice on the Revival Drive) I think I will always use it.

I am not a pedal freak, but damn.

Cali and Revival to set the tone and this to add the extra fill when it's called for.

Very natural feeling to play with it.