Thread: I shouldn't be surprised

I shouldn't be surprised

but it always amazes me at just how comfortable it is to play a stratocaster. I read a lot of people who complain that not enough new original designs come out of the big guitar companies. The truth is Leo found the perfect shape in 1954, it is a shining tribute to his genius that over 60 years later it just doesn't need to be changed.

Don't get me wrong. I love my tele and Les Paul but for sitting and playing, they can't beat the stratocaster for comfort.

I don't know if I relic'd it already but there's a dent in the upper horn. Oh well, don't care. Not looking to sell this one. I just want to play it.

Re: I shouldn't be surprised

Strats are very comfortable. They just feel right to me. I suppose it's what you go to the most because I find my Tele just as comfy. I love my Les Paul, but it's not the most comfortable for me, and that may be because I go to my Fenders most often.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

"I love my Les Paul, but it's not the most comfortable for me."

This.

I find Les Pauls to be "unbalanced." And I'm not the only one, apparently, because there are frequent references online to "neck dive" and other mishaps experienced when playing them. My two LPs are currently still sitting in their cases, while all my Strats and two of my Teles are on stands, waiting to be played.

Leo, Don and Freddy knew what they were doing

I love how a Strat fits, except the position of the volume knob and trem arm can get a little claustrophobic.