Thread: Posting pictures

Forum Member

Posting pictures

My file (image)pasted here from flickr never ends with .jpg ? Using iphone. What am i doing wrong?

Re: Posting pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp View Post
    My file (image)pasted here from flickr never ends with .jpg ? Using iphone. What am i doing wrong?
    This is what I do: Open the image on the Flickr site. Click the "Share" button (looks like an arrow). Click on the BBCode tab. Choose the size (if available) from the drop down selection (here I've used Medium). Copy the ENTIRE link and paste it into the image box here. Then, remove everything before and after the actual link. For example, this is the entire Flickr link:

[-img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5332/29875745352_273f7d9373_c.jpg[/img]60th Anniversary Telecaster (detail) by My Name, on Flickr

I removed all the tags before and after, resulting in https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5332/...3f7d9373_c.jpg (I munged the IMG tag with a preceding dash (-) to keep it from rendering)

And here it is:

Last edited by OldStrummer; 06-27-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Forum Member

First thing is thanks! When i use the ipad i get to the BBCode and size but for some reason i can't copy it. It just won't let me highlight the whole thing,only a short space? Could be a glitch with the ipad? This shouldwork if i could capture it? When i try with iphone my option is copy url which i do. But it never ends with .jpg. I paste it but ? It wont work. I must be skippingsomething ?My iphone is my 1st choice? Kenny was helping a while back but i had to leave for work and wow thats a beauty in your pic!
    Last edited by Jeffp; 02-05-2018 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Beautifull guitar just noticed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp View Post
    First thing is thanks! When i use the ipad i get to the BBCode and size but for some reason i can't copy it. It just won't let me highlight the whole thing,only a short space? Could be a glitch with the ipad? This shouldwork if i could capture it? When i try with iphone my option is copy url which i do. But it never ends with .jpg. I paste it but ? It wont work. I must be skippingsomething ?My iphone is my 1st choice? Kenny was helping a while back but i had to leave for work and wow thats a beauty in your pic!
    iPads and iPhones are a little hinky when it comes to copy-and-paste. I find that sometimes a long press, or a press-and-hold will pop up the relevant option(s). The Flickr app on the iPad doesn't even allow for showing the URL. You can only share through Apple's UI/gateway.

Forum Member

I certainly agree! It's a work in progress at this point. Thanks.

Forum Member

Well i finally went to the desktop and had success. I think i exhausted every possibllity with iphone and ipad. Photobucketworked with iphone but flickr won't? I dunno? Thanks