Thread: Last Sunday of January

Last Sunday of January

good afternoon to you all,

mild slightly cloudy day here, 50 degrees. about to get out and about for a while thought I'd check in here for a Sunday thread and didn't see one started so there you go

don't know if I mentioned the LPB strat body from last week but it arrived earlier than they said it would. absolutely beautiful. got a loaded pickguard with gold lace sensors on the way. have most of the hardware I need still looking to see if i have a neck plate and screws and enough pickguard screws. going to set it up with 9s. been waiting a long time for a strat, I think it's been well over a year since I've last had one.

Re: Last Sunday of January

Gaaak....last Sunday in Jan - that means I've been sick EVERY Sunday in January. Finally feeling like this case of pneumonia is starting to break. Expelling a lot of crap from my lungs today. I've been off work and tomorrow is my first day back. Hoping it goes well!

I've heard of lost weekends, lost months have to be much worse

I’m amazed with the last few days here on the Wisconsin lakeshore. Yesterday the outside temperature was displayed as 50 degrees on our thermostat and we have, virtually, no snow left on the ground. With The Sun shining it looked like a day in October rather than a day at the end of January so, yippee, spring is (almost) just around the corner. I was out in the garage staring at the toys and just itching to get back on the road.

Oh, crapola....it’s started snowing again...
    Last edited by Laker; 01-28-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Waiting in the boarding area for my second out-of-town trip of the new year. It's not even February yet!?

It will be by the time I get home.

our backyard is almost barren of snow, we have a near perfect reflection and direct sunlight with fences helping to melt our snow quick and we're just far enough away from a hilltop with pine trees that our neighbor has almost complete coverage of snow in their yard while we are bereft of the bounty of winter. Heck, if we didn't have these damn locust trees in our yard, I could do a greenhouse grow op and supply myself with all the cannabis I'd need. my yard is nearly perfect for it. too bad I'll probably never get to do it.

I saw somebody out on their bike yesterday. Damn foolish thing to do this time of year, I'm sorry to say. Cars covered with salt with piss poor visibility, low angle sun for much of the day, pot holes and ice patches. Raises the risk factor orders of magnitude, just not worth it. You want to ride in January, move somewhere else.

This was our second weekend in a row with temps close to 50f and the second weekend in a row where we worked on my son's truck all weekend!

It was a pleasant day here yesterday and will be so today. I spent Sunday cleaning house and prepping classes for the week. Now that I've got my recording equipment running, I had a hard time focusing on the schoolwork. Ah well, I'll start on the next song as soon as I can get over Monday.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I'm a little bit late for the thread.

Went to the Soccer game, then took my GF out for dinner. Later on I went to visit her uncle, who owns some cool Rickenbacker and Gretsch guitars, I'll post some pics later. Great way to end a weekend.