Thread: 1987 Deluxe Plus Coral/Rose

Forum Member

1987 Deluxe Plus Coral/Rose

Thought I would post a few pictures of my '87 in the hard to find color Titty Pink:

Forum Member

Re: 1987 Deluxe Plus Coral/Rose

The pictures with the guard off show the patina that has developed. It is a beautiful coral color now. I bought the guitar from Jac Ttana, an old school LA guitarist and really nice guy. This is a picture from inside where the color appears darker.

The tree amigos a 1997 Deluxe Tele, Heritage acoustic:

TFF Stage Crew

Aging nicely! Any problems w/that roller nut ever?

Forum Member

Thats a beautiful guitar! I love it! The kind you keep forever!!!

Ha ha--titty pink. That is a beautiful color and goes so well with the rosewood fb. Really nice guitar.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

are those gold lace sensors? I had a similar era guitar (golds, wilkinson roller nut). loved the tone of the pickups, been thinking of incorporating them into my next build. my '80-something strat plus was typical weight for the era, probably 8.5-9 pounds. Never really bonded with the neck and also didn't care for the roller nut or locking tuners. Had a bad locker on the high E and the roller developed a bad buzz once that drove me nuts trying to find out what the problem was. turns out they need some graphite every anon. I owned that guitar back in the days when I paid somebody to turn a screw on it for me. Nowaday I'd pop that neck off and put one on that I liked in a new york minute.

love the color. one of the body auctions I'm watching is a similar color.

Forum Member

I have a 95 strat plus sonic blue that this one reminds me of. Why i dunno. Maybe because the color is a pastel color? Anyhow at first sight you know! I could't leave the store-without mine. That's how hard it hits you. Always the favorite! Itgets older but better!

Love it!

Regarding the first generation Wilkinson nut - the early Strat+'s came with a Wilkinson nut and a Hipshot. The Hipshot was a bad idea and most of them ended up being removed. The first gen. Wilkinson nut is nice piece of kit provided it gets shimmed correctly. It's only drawback is that if you are from the Jimi/SRV school of playing you can't use it because it won't accept anything bigger than 10-46's, so tuning down a half-step is problematic.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I love how the color has aged!

I bought a Strat Plus new in the fall of 1988 with an "E4" serial number. It had the first Wilkinson roller nut that they used where there was not a second roller over the low E, A and D strings ("Split Nut"). Those strings rattled and buzzed like crazy. I was able to replace it with a better version that had a set of rollers over all of the strings. That vastly improved the guitar. The guitar had Schaller, not Sperzel locking tuners. It sounded great, played well and stayed in tune.

Here's a really bad scan of a pic of my collection from the spring of 1989. Strat Plus and mid '80s '57 reissue Strat on the bottom, 1966 Mustang and '83-ish Squier Tele on the top.

It's wonderful how guitars acquire character as they age!