Thread: Percussion Sunday - a good day to dry out!

Percussion Sunday - a good day to dry out!

Things are getting back to normal after weird weather over the last few days. It was 60 degrees yesterday morning and today it's 11degrees. 2" of rain and now ice everywhere. Were going to see "Stomp" today in Hartford. Should be fun! Everybody have a great Sunday!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Percussion Sunday - a good day to dry out!

After a run of two weeks with temperatures at zero or to the minus side of that point we are finally back to seasonal weather with temps in the teens or twenties and occasional snow.

Today it’s breakfast with our group of Sunday morning friends and then a lazy day of doing whatever.

Thought I could sleep in yesterday, we got about a foot of snow. Then Mrs. OSA announces she needs to get to the hairdressers by 10:30. So suit up, fire up the snowblower and have at it. Also had to snowblow a path out back for our little dog so he could do his business. Found out that a full-faced helmet with a visor is great for snowblowing - why was I not told this years ago?!!!!

Did a party at a local country club. Got home at a very reasonable hour.

I'd been struggling for the past 10 days with some complications of some oral surgery. In the true rock and roll tradition I've been mixing painkillers and whiskey to get by. Friday I was finally able to get through a day without either so by last night I was feeling pretty good/normal again.

Have to play this afternoon to help a band audition a new player.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

it was one of those weird weeks here. my mom's cold/bronchitis was being treated with antibiotics but she was up and down as far as feeling better. I got word that a friend's dad had passed and while I was arranging coverage for my mom I learned that another friend's mother had passed. The wakes were back to back nights. I go to take out my only suit and it had severe moth damage. I bought a new suit with the money I was hoping to buy a guitar body with. Oh, well. At least it wasn't near zero either night for the wakes so wearing a suit wasn't excruciatingly cold. Coming home from the second wake I find that my mom is sicker than she's been since the whole cough thing started. Late night phone calls to her doctor, changes in medicine. She appears to be feeling better but no church today for her.

not much going on here. hope to get back to walking, at least the streets are mostly clear now except for frozen puddles from yesterday's very rapid cool down (30+ degrees in 4 hours).

After a week in California I finally escaped and landed home at 4:00am Saturday. A little jet lag and a drop in temperatures of about forty degrees and I"m home again. I dodged a bullet when I turned on my water mains and the shower in my master bath worked!

I have a wacky week ahead of me, as I'm going to be training a bunch of people from California online and will be working west coast hours. Ugh.

We spent the weekend at my sister in-law's cabin in the middle of NH. Nice! Cold!

Gigged last night (the first of my last three gigs with the band I've been in since 2009). I was SUPER sick with the flu but powered on anyways. Barely got myself home and into bed with the chills/fever. I hate that feeling. Not much better today - have kept my eyes closed for most of the day. Wifey is down with a nasty pulled neck muscle. She can barely cope today. Our daughter is weirded out that both us are incapacitated, but she stepped up and did a lot of stuff around the house today without being asked (a miracle for a fourteen year old)!

Gig pic from last night featuring Big Bad Bill - my replacement - on bass. He sat in for a set and sounded great! Like OSA, I coped with a bit of flu medicine and whiskey! Flaming Moes all around!

That's a great pic, dirtdog. Hope you feel better soon.

I started recording a new song yesterday--thanks OA for all the tips. I've got a lot to do with it still--lead guitar, lead, and several backing vocals. One of the best things I ever did is to get that Pod HD500X. What a great machine for recording. I'm going to buy the bass pack for it, and OA reminded me that I can run vocals through it. To paraphrase OA: Screw that mixer (that's giving headaches) and use the Pod!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    That's a great pic, dirtdog. Hope you feel better soon.

I started recording a new song yesterday--thanks OA for all the tips. I've got a lot to do with it still--lead guitar, lead, and several backing vocals. One of the best things I ever did is to get that Pod HD500X. What a great machine for recording. I'm going to buy the bass pack for it, and OA reminded me that I can run vocals through it. To paraphrase OA: Screw that mixer (that's giving headaches) and use the Pod!
    Cool, glad it worked. Hey - if you want you can share your Garage Band files with me and we can collaborate. I can also pull them into Logic and do a mastering if you wish.

I'd be honored to contribute to a ch willie song!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Gigged last night (the first of my last three gigs with the band I've been in since 2009). I was SUPER sick with the flu but powered on anyways. Barely got myself home and into bed with the chills/fever. I hate that feeling. Not much better today - have kept my eyes closed for most of the day. Wifey is down with a nasty pulled neck muscle. She can barely cope today. Our daughter is weirded out that both us are incapacitated, but she stepped up and did a lot of stuff around the house today without being asked (a miracle for a fourteen year old)!

Gig pic from last night featuring Big Bad Bill - my replacement - on bass. He sat in for a set and sounded great! Like OSA, I coped with a bit of flu medicine and whiskey! Flaming Moes all around!

Cool venue!

You're the one with the tele, right?

Why ho is that the first of the last 3 gigs? Is the band going to end or are you quitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Cool, glad it worked. Hey - if you want you can share your Garage Band files with me and we can collaborate. I can also pull them into Logic and do a mastering if you wish.

I'd be honored to contribute to a ch willie song!

Chuck
    That’d be great. I’ve got the current song covered, but I’ve got seven more ready to record, and I’ve got one or two that we can collaborate on when I get to them. Cool!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Cool venue!

You're the one with the tele, right?

Why ho is that the first of the last 3 gigs? Is the band going to end or are you quitting?

Hey Sergio - I’m the one taking the pic! I would normally be on bass. I decided to retire from the glamorous life of bar gig this year. On bass is my buddy Bill who looks a lot like me and be taking over for me. The band is going strong and I wanted to leave on a high note.