Thread: Supernatural: ghosts, aliens and UFOs

Supernatural: ghosts, aliens and UFOs

I just read a thread about this in another forum and some of the replies/stories were really, really interesting

So, have you ever seen anything that you believe was supernatural or even alien?

Re: Supernatural: ghosts, aliens and UFOs

Yes.

I'm not sure. Every time I think I remember something I wake up on the floor, disoriented. seems to happen several times a day

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Yes.

Mind sharing?

I lived in a house for a few years that I believed was haunted. Was having dinner with friends on NYE this year and I told them this. They all had the same suspicion as they knew the family that lived in the house in years gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    I lived in a house for a few years that I believed was haunted. Was having dinner with friends on NYE this year and I told them this. They all had the same suspicion as they knew the family that lived in the house in years gone by.

What made you feel the house was haunted?

I've had a couple weird experiences - this is the most significant...

This really happened - not making it up or embellishing it in any way. I was a plumber back around 25 years ago and was called by a friend to repair some frozen pipes in a house that was empty while the homeowner (his friend) was serving time for some crime or another. He was what one might call a mob lawyer and had run afoul of the local constabulary. It was a good sized house (really a small mansion including a slate roof)- a beautiful home. Before I started the repair my buddy took me on a tour of the house. When we got upstairs I started feeling weird - a bit like someone was watching me. As we toured the various rooms the feeling got stronger until we got to the master bedroom. I felt really scared - the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I felt cold. I kept staring at a closet door and can only describe what I felt as pure evil - feeling like it was behind the door. I didn't say anything to my friend because I figured he'd think I was nuts. As we went downstairs the feeling diminished until it was just a memory by the time we got to the kitchen - under which I had to crawl through a crawlspace to repair the pipes. When the job was done and I was picking up my tools I mentioned to my friend that I had a really weird feeling up in the master bedroom. He asked what I meant and I basically recalled what I just wrote here.... that there felt like an evil "presence" in the closet. He turned white as a ghost and I thought he was going to have a stroke or something. He told me "the guy’s wife was found hanging in that closet"... I was packed and in my truck driving the Hell out of there in no time! I still get the creeps when I think of it…
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I’ve seen a couple ghosts, and have been touched by a couple. Nothing too malevolent, thank God!!!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Mind sharing?
    I've had several "supernatural" experiences. I'll skip the UFO story for now, but let me tell you about one that really spooked me.

My mother was dying in 1980. As the end neared, I called my two older sisters to inform them. The oldest was eight months pregnant with her first child and under doctor's orders not to travel. The other said she'd be on the next flight from California. I then told my mother, whose response was rather strange. "Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing [sister's name] in that lovely lavender dress."

I drove out to the airport to pick up my sister. In those days, you could go right to the arrival gate, so I did. I saw my sister walk through the door, wearing a lavender dress!

Barely constraining myself, I asked her, "Did you tell mom you were coming wearing a lavender dress?"

"No," she replied. "I haven't spoken with her in a week, and I just bought this dress yesterday."

We both agreed there was no logical way for my mother to have known about this dress, much less remark on it when she was nearly comatose.

Relatives and parents seem to have that kind of conection.

My parents say (I don't remember any bit of it) that when I was a toddler I saw my deceased great-uncle standing next to my father, who was reading on his bed.

I pointed my finger and said "look mommy, that's great uncle over there". She said "no, that's your father." And I replied "no, dad's the one with the book. Uncle's standing next to him, dressed in green".

This great uncle passed away before I was born, and I had never even seen a picture of him at the time, and couldn't know he was an Army officer (Brazilian Army uniforms are olive green).

You realize, of course, that there are physiological reasons for seeing things that aren't there? It's more common than most people know.

Just because you perceived it:

a) doesn't mean it was physically there
    b) mean it's supernatural or alien
    c) Doesn't rule out the chance of pure coincidence.

You lens thing through a schema you have in your consciousness based upon what you already know or believe.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Nothing here. I'm with OA on this one.

As long as one believes in "pure coincidence." I don't.

I'm not logged in this other forum (at least not anymore) but if you like this kind of subject, read this topic."The dog-faced demons at the gates of the night of time"... It's probably the coolest I've ever read about potentially supernatural oddities

If your browser doesn't do it automatically, skip to post #91 there.

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/do-...5#post-6336227