Be joyous, be happy, and be well.

All my best to y’all,

Rob
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Re: Merry Christmas!

Same to you, Rob.

Happy Holidays to all.

My kids are at their mother's in Cincinnati but will be driving back home to me by late tomorrow afternoon, so we'll have a big dinner, open gifts, have a few drinks, and watch a movie. They're usually with me on Christmas eve and day, but this year, I urged them to go their mom's. She's always been magnanimous about it. And my daughter still lives with me, my son 2.5 hours away, so I get to see them all the time.

So today on Xmas Eve, I plan on screwing my anxiety and finally getting down to recording a piano-based song I've written. I haven't written the guitar parts yet, but it needs a Larry Carlton. Well, it'll have to do with me.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Same to you, Rob.

Happy Holidays to all.

My kids are at their mother's in Cincinnati but will be driving back home to me by late tomorrow afternoon, so we'll have a big dinner, open gifts, have a few drinks, and watch a movie. They're usually with me on Christmas eve and day, but this year, I urged them to go their mom's. She's always been magnanimous about it. And my daughter still lives with me, my son 2.5 hours away, so I get to see them all the time.

So today on Xmas Eve, I plan on screwing my anxiety and finally getting down to recording a piano-based song I've written. I haven't written the guitar parts yet, but it needs a Larry Carlton. Well, it'll have to do with me.
    Willie, if you can pack the files in a format we can share I'll be happy to collaborate with you on the recordings.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Merry Christmas to all.

Merry Christmas! Busy day followed by a week off!

Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a peaceful, wonderful day!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Merry Christmas !!

Merry Christmas, TFF Family!

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to say a few (just a few) words.

As you know, I am probably the one who is farthest away, in all possible senses... I live in Brazil, speak a very different language, and though I admire and love the American culture, I belong in a different one.

So, many times I think/feel differently from one or another, or (maybe more frequently) have a hard time trying to express what I feel. I probably sound funny from time to time here. My English isn't the best and it's been decades since I spoke it.

But believe me, you guys, each one of you here, are a family to me. I felt that way since I first registered, soon after I bought my first Fender guitar, and I must say that today I not only like you as forum mates: some of you are my real friends outside, people I admire and learn from, everyday. I really really wish this forum stays on for a long time.

I feel happy and lighthearted whenever I log in here.

I wish you all a wonderful and happy Christmas, and a peaceful holiday!

Best wishes!

Feliz Natal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Merry Christmas, TFF Family!

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to say a few (just a few) words.

As you know, I am probably the one who is farthest away, in all possible senses... I live in Brazil, speak a very different language, and though I admire and love the American culture, I belong in a different one.

So, many times I think/feel differently from one or another, or (maybe more frequently) have a hard time trying to express what I feel. I probably sound funny from time to time here. My English isn't the best and it's been decades since I spoke it.

But believe me, you guys, each one of you here, are a family to me. I felt that way since I first registered, soon after I bought my first Fender guitar, and I must say that today I not only like you as forum mates: some of you are my real friends outside, people I admire and learn from, everyday. I really really wish this forum stays on for a long time.

I feel happy and lighthearted whenever I log in here.

I wish you all a wonderful and happy Christmas, and a peaceful holiday!

Best wishes!

Feliz Natal!
    It's great having you here!

Merry Christmas to you all, too

we are encased in ice today after about 12 hours of freezing rain, sleet, and a little snow. The lights blinked a few times last night but the power held. I'm screwing around with GarageBand's drummer(s) trying to figure out how to get more than 16 measures of drum tracks that are continuous and in sync. I'm not having any luck with copy and paste as trying to move the new stuff into place is rather sketchy with the mouse. You know "closer ... closer ... almost there ... shit, too close" and now there's overlap and loss of synchronicity.

Gathering at my brother's house tonight. and again tomorrow but tonight is the big dinner, tomorrow is cold cuts and snacks. I want to go for a walk but the condition of the streets is beyond treacherous and there's more snow on the way tomorrow. I may have lost my curb edge where I usually shovel back the snowbank to make space for my rubbish barrel and recycling bins, it got plowed in with slush yesterday and is a solid glacier now. Then after Christmas right into the new year we are having an epic cold snap of low teens for highs and low single digits on either side of zero for lows. Ain't nothing going to defrost any time soon. Might not until a classic January thaw around the middle of the third week of the month or so. That'll show all those newcomers what a real winter is like.

anyway, I'm off to the gym to walk for a while. Going to have to miss the beginning of the game and then I have to cook pigs in a blanket for the gathering so I won't be seeing much football today. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    Merry Christmas to you all, too

we are encased in ice today after about 12 hours of freezing rain, sleet, and a little snow. The lights blinked a few times last night but the power held. I'm screwing around with GarageBand's drummer(s) trying to figure out how to get more than 16 measures of drum tracks that are continuous and in sync. I'm not having any luck with copy and paste as trying to move the new stuff into place is rather sketchy with the mouse. You know "closer ... closer ... almost there ... shit, too close" and now there's overlap and loss of synchronicity.
    Pretty sure there's a "snap" function on GB. If you set the time signature correctly you can just past in a measure at a time. (?) Maybe I'm thinking of Logic.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Merry Christmas to all my faceless best friends! I know you tolerate me here, and I try my best to not post nonsense in threads where I know nothing. It's the threads where I know next to nothing that I get into trouble!

Put in a seven hour work day today, and now the day is almost over. Serving communion at the candlelight service, and then I can relax. Everything is wrapped, and I can just kick back and wait for Santa to have done his thing.

Peace to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Pretty sure there's a "snap" function on GB. If you set the time signature correctly you can just past in a measure at a time. (?) Maybe I'm thinking of Logic.
    oooo, so I bet that's what the "snap to grid" box I can check off is about probably. excellent, I will try that tonight. I'll let you know if it worked. Thanks

This place is great! I have "real" friends that I met here and gotten together with to jam...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Merry Christmas, TFF.

Sergio, this forum is richer for your presence! Happy Holidays!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

heh, I got the drums to copy and paste correctly last night. My christmas present

Merry Christmas to all! I hope the new year brings joy and happiness to you all!