Thread: Reissues, their trem blocks, & part no. 001-9473-049

TFF Stage Crew

Reissues, their trem blocks, & part no. 001-9473-049

Little by little I'm upgrading/swapping out various parts on my Strata to get them closer to vintage spec. The pots, p'ups, & finishes are pretty simple if you know what is what. Trem blocks are a little bit different story. For many years (as far back as I can recall, anyhow) reissue trem blocks had the holes you feed the strings through reamed out pretty deep so that the ball end was quite near the bridge once the string was pulled through & brought to proper tension. On vintage strats this was not the case. The holes were shallow so that you could see the ball near the block face. In fact, some were so shallow as to allow the ball end to protrude a little.
    So I'm poking around eBay, looking at blocks vintage, Callahan, GFS & the like) when I notice an item I've never seen before: Fender "Pure Vintage" part #001-9473-049. It looks like someone figured it out & these blocks have the shallow holes.
    Has anyone else seen these? Do you know if this is a recent development? Are they stock on reissues or just Custom Shop guitars?

Re: Reissues, their trem blocks, & part no. 001-9473-049

I have recently searched for something else (height adjustment screws for a 2000s American Standard bridge) and meanwhile read a lot about strat bridges, including the American Vintage parts.

That one is indeed the vintage correct part, it has the shallow string holes, will fit a 10-32 arm, it fits trem systems with vintage (2 3/16") mounting spacing.

I don't believe that block is exactly "recent", I guess it's been around for a couple of years already but I could be wrong.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    Well... It says that it supposed to be standard on "American Vintage Stratocaster® guitars"... I'll check it when I get home...
    Inquiring minds want to know!

yes, I want to know, too. I've got a few blocks sitting around, all vintage spacing ... I think. I already have my neck for my next build, just need the body. And probably a neck plate. Annnnd maybe, oh I dunno, a pick guard? Possibly pickups and pots and switch, too?

um, I think maybe it's time I do an inventory and find out what I've got on hand.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    yes, I want to know, too. I've got a few blocks sitting around, all vintage spacing ... I think. I already have my neck for my next build, just need the body. And probably a neck plate. Annnnd maybe, oh I dunno, a pick guard? Possibly pickups and pots and switch, too?

um, I think maybe it's time I do an inventory and find out what I've got on hand.
    Thats how I got my Telecaster, lol. One day I just realized I had all the parts (& then some) for a complete guitar & thought "I guess I should put something together"