Thread: Does the Custom Shop still use the Telecaster shaped case for some models?

Forum Member

Does the Custom Shop still use the Telecaster shaped case for some models?

Does the Fender Cusom Shop use the Telecaster-shaped tweed case on certain models such as Nocasters regularly or have they stopped using this case altogether? I saw quite a few Nocasters from the recent past in this case online but couldn‘t find anything from this year.

And info is much appreciated!

Re: Does the Custom Shop still use the Telecaster shaped case for some models?

that's the case they call the thermometer case.

I haven't seen any new custom shop stuff in ages so I have no idea. If you find the guitar you want you can always find a thermometer case for it later.

Forum Member

Thanks! Yeah, that case shouldn't be the deciding factor in the end, very true.

Yeah, if you want the CS guitar you can definitely buy a spare Thermometer Case for it and be happy

I did that for my favorite Strat, it came with a molded KKB case and I bought a Tweed one for it.

Forum Member

I got mine from Rondo Music. Reasonably priced and does the job well. It appears that the one they're offering now is tweed or at least looks like it.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product8180.html

‘51 Nocaster Custom Shop comes with the thermometer case.