Thread: Last Sunday of November

Last Sunday of November

good morning, y'all

surprisingly mild morning for this late in November. yesterday was incredible and I took advantage of it to almost finish putting up my christmas lights. I say 'almost' because i ran out of functioning strings of lights and still have more tree to cover. The amber/orange lights that I like are only available online no brick and mortar store has ever carried them in my experience. don't know why that is. I'd love to go LED as they are now available in full wave rectification and no longer flicker or have that blueish hue that so many of the early generation have no matter what color they allege to be. However at 200 plus dollars for the large bushes and 90-120 something for the smaller bushes it is a tad prohibitive even at the significant energy savings. If I knew for certain that I'd be staying here another 15-20 years then it would be a no-brainer.

restored my music room to full functionality as soon as our thanksgiving guests departed. Reduced some excess packing material and empty boxes in the process of putting everything back in the spare bedroom. both rooms are looking much better.

Hoping my sister can stay with my mom so I can go play guitar and watch the game at a friend's house. Have a good one.

Re: Last Sunday of November

Other than the usual Sunday vacuuming (gord how I hate it), I'm going to try to get my recording gear set up. I've got 6 songs ready, and I'm working on the lyrics to a 7th, so I've got plenty to record. I'm also going to sit down with my Les Paul and learn something useful--probably work with chord inversions. I've taken a long enough break from regular playing now. That means I won't spend the day reading; I finished War and Peace this last week along with a Graham Swift's Last Orders, most of Hamlet, and James Joyce's The Dead, so I think I can lay down the books for a few days. Guitar stuff awaits.

I wish everyone a great day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I'm preparing to work my second job today, so I passed on going to church. Instead, I hung a Christmas wreath and am trying to figure out how to fix a folding door to my laundry that seems to want to jump the track. The best news is that I'm back to playing guitar again. David Crosby has been my inspiration, and now that I have several guitars, I'm going to tune one of them to one of his D tunings. I have an old (circa 1972) songbook that I found while rummaging, and it's got me playing again ("Triad" was and is one of my "signature" songs).

Quiet day today. I did a little cleanup around the house and repaired the strap button on my '64 Epiphone Olympic. That guitar sounds great, even unplugged!

I've got to replace the grill cloth on my Carvin 4x10" guitar cabinet. I dread it!

Still decompressing from the trip.

Truck is unloaded and laundry done.

@Don, what are the dimensions on that 4x10 cab?

Y'all be well.

[IMG]IMG_1188 by robert ellwood, on Flickr[/IMG]
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesGator View Post
    Still decompressing from the trip.

Truck is unloaded and laundry done.

@Don, what are the dimensions on that 4x10 cab?

Y'all be well.

[IMG]IMG_1188 by robert ellwood, on Flickr[/IMG]
    That's a beautiful pic! I've never been to a place like that!

The cab is 22.5" x 22.5" x 10.5". It weighs 41 pounds. It's pretty easy to handle. I dread replacing the grill cloth because I've never done it before and I'm a perfectionist.