Thread: First Sunday of December

First Sunday of December

oh my, only 3 weeks to Christmas eve. The year is drawing to a close. Cool sunny day here. Hope to go to a friend's house to watch football and play guitar. I've got to get out for a walk before I shower and I need to do that soon so my hands are not pruned before playing

Forum Member

Re: First Sunday of December

I walk and play guitar in the shower to save time.

I have to get my snowthrower out of the shed, bring it in the garage and repair it before it snows. Snow could be weeks away, but you never know. Besides, what if I need a part? Anyway, it's not repairing the snowthrower that I'm putting off, it's moving all of the stuff in the shed that's blocking it in!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I have to get my snowthrower out of the shed, bring it in the garage and repair it before it snows. Snow could be weeks away, but you never know. Besides, what if I need a part? Anyway, it's not repairing the snowthrower that I'm putting off, it's moving all of the stuff in the shed that's blocking it in!
    I got mine out of the shed and into the garage but haven't started it yet.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

It is now meteorological winter where I live, and though the days are still getting shorter, we've had some mild days of late. I got shamed into doing yard work when I saw my next door neighbor raking, blowing and bagging. So I went and did the same, sans blower (which I ordered after the fact). Did so much that my hands started to cramp up! I've also spent time putting together my guitar/photo studio -- the backdrop(s) are up with the lights, I've re-arranged the guitar stands, uncovered (and played!) the amps, and things are slowly taking shape.

It's 50+ degrees here on the shore of Lake Michigan in Northeastern Wisconsin so the thought of firing up the Ariens snowblower is still a bit remote. This coming week that will change as temps drop into the upper 20's. I started the Ariens last week when shifting the toys around in the garage so I know we're good to go when Mother Nature decides to toss some of that fluffy white stuff our way.

I'm also spending a lot of time with headphones on learning an entire show for an established band who has asked me to replace an ailing, long-time member of their group. It is sad that I'm replacing a friend in the group where he has been a rock for a couple of decades, but I feel honored that I was asked to help out.

Just chillin' up at the lake this weekend. Light dusting of snow, just around freezing. Picked up and stacked a couple of face cords of firewood for the winter. Nice hardwood stuff, nicely seasoned. One big chunk lasted all night in the wood stove last night. Re-read the first half of Keith Richards "Life".

Back in town now and have to learn a a couple new tunes for rehearsal tomorrow night. One final gig for this year in a couple of weeks. Then the New Year cranks up with almost a dozen gigs in the first three months. This might be the year that I retire from regular gigging.

we never got around to playing today. at halftime we went out and got his snowblower and generator started and running nicely. hanging with the boy being silly catching up on news from the old neighborhood. and of course watching football. I had to leave shortly after the game was over because it was getting dark and I need to avoid driving on back roads due to the overly bright headlights so many people have now. Having only one eye it is both painful and scary as hell not to mention unsafe. They can't get self driving cars going soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I got mine out of the shed and into the garage but haven't started it yet.
    Last winter, my son picked up the extension cord that he was using with the block heater in his diesel truck with it. It wrapped around the auger and bowed the side of the bucket. I had to split the machine in half and remove the auger assembly and pound the bucket back into shape. I replaced the belts while I was at it. I'll change the oil and spark plug and lubricate it next weekend.