Thread: Sunday Thread-1st Sunday in November

Sunday Thread-1st Sunday in November

Loved the extra hour of sleep. Had a lovely dream that George Martin was urging me to record my new songs--ego, hey?

A normal day of housecleaning and preparing my courses for the week. And maybe I ought to record?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Thread-1st Sunday in November

It's awfully hot here. And I am thanking God for that.

It's gonna be a hammock-coffee-flipflops-TWD day for me.
    Last edited by S. Cane; 11-05-2017 at 07:17 AM.

cool and cloudy day here. bye week so no football of consequence for moi. Ordinarily I'd be calling a friend of mine to see if he wants to jam while we watch redzone but my sister had to beg out of coming today, so there wouldn't be anybody to stay with my mom.

yesterday morning, a blue jay smoked itself on the transformer outside my house, with a loud bang that make me jump while I was reading my newspaper and the lights went out. Called the power company right away. Had to go out for breakfast, hit Denny's as it was closest. Tried their cranberry orange pancakes. Liked them a lot.

Don't know if I got a bad unit with the interface I have or if it has failed since I got it. something definitely ain't right. going to give a call to sweetwater tomorrow and see what they say can be done.

hark, I hear the dulcet roar of leaf blowers in the distance.

Lazy day here! Spent yesterday with family and friends.

I'm just writing a few ads to offset some of the cost of my new ES-335 and to get rid of some stuff that I don't use much.

I was going to post what a crummy day it was here on the Wisconsin lake shore with a 40-45 degree morning with light rain and totally overcast sky but figured I'd motor out to breakfast and after a few hours with my friends the day wouldn't appear so bleak. Well...10 hours later it is still overcast, cold and soggy (and I found a dead mouse next to one of my stored cars; the poison baits work!). I think I'll watch the "World's Fastest Indian" to get me out of this fall funk. Rock on, my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I was going to post what a crummy day it was here on the Wisconsin lake shore with a 40-45 degree morning with light rain and totally overcast sky but figured I'd motor out to breakfast and after a few hours with my friends the day wouldn't appear so bleak. Well...10 hours later it is still overcast, cold and soggy (and I found a dead mouse next to one of my stored cars; the poison baits work!). I think I'll watch the "World's Fastest Indian" to get me out of this fall funk. Rock on, my friends!

I had had to read this twice, I couldn’t understand why you were happy to poison a moose! I guess it’s time for new glasses.

Man chores for me today.

I stumbled across a great idea/plan of action for a 600 watt class d bass amp last night and I am making a bill of materials as we speak.

Be well my friends!

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

First snow of the season up here. No gigs this weekend but had a writing and recording session at my cottage with my buddy Lee. Much mirth and merriment , good tunes and questionable lyrics were the result.

I was grateful to have the full weekend off. No Friday night, Saturday or Sunday shift work at the running store. A real blessing, as from October 9 through October 29, I had not a single day off.

So, I've been very lazy this weekend. But I've also enjoyed myself tremendously. My TV has been dark all weekend, and the house has been filled with music from my record and CD collection. I have a library book I want to finish before it's due (Neal Stephenson's "Snow Crash," for those interested), so I've been listening and reading for 90% of the time.

But I've also been productive. I swore to myself I was going to move the boxes that have been lying on my living room and kitchen floor up to the attic. No more of this, "I'll go through them and pick out the stuff I need handy" procrastination. Hey, if I haven't needed any of this stuff in six months, then up it goes!

This has now cleared the way for me to finish my guitar/photo studio. I put away all the Guitar Player magazines I had pulled out earlier, and the next project is to set up the photo backdrops and lights. I think once I'm done with that (not today), the rest of the room will just come together. I'm thinking of violating my principle of having all my guitar equipment in one place, and moving an amp and a stand into my living room. I already have my Taylor acoustic ready for when the mood strikes, but as I mentioned in another thread, I want to start experimenting again. Well, first things first: I'll put together the photo part of the studio and then see.

I couldn't help but to comment on this. On another forum ( Jeep) I have a thread up in chit-chat about my ongoing battle with a rat ( or rats as it is now apparent). It's a pretty funny thread with 6 pages/ 130 replies/ 4,601 views, titled "The Continuing Saga Of Mr. Nibbles No More". I'd love to link it somewhere here on TFF but I'm guessing it's against the rules. Anyway... I know all too well, the aggravation battling vermin lol.

Y'all take care/ Happy Sunday evening to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
    I couldn't help but to comment on this. On another forum ( Jeep) I have a thread up in chit-chat about my ongoing battle with a rat ( or rats as it is now apparent). It's a pretty funny thread with 6 pages/ 130 replies/ 4,601 views, titled "The Continuing Saga Of Mr. Nibbles No More". I'd love to link it somewhere here on TFF but I'm guessing it's against the rules. Anyway... I know all too well, the aggravation battling vermin lol.

I don't think it's against the rules. A thread in a non guitar-related forum with no monetary intent? Why would it be forbidden?

Hell, now I am curious

Thank you, Sergio. I certainly would never attempt to ruse anyone nor harm a forum nor it's members in any way... Hell, I'm the head administrator on that forum fwiw. I just know that there are policies and terms of service that people must adhere to and every forum is just a little bit different so I didn't want to assume anything.

It really is rather humorous... from the discovery of Mr. Nibbles, to the extraction from inside the firewall of my Jeep, to the memorial service after the late Nib's removal... to the subsequent elimination of his kin, to other horror stories scattered throughout the thread from members with their own rodent issues. There's even pictures and a couple animated renderings that I created throughout the ordeal lol. It's quite an amusing read!

"World's Fastest Indian" - GREAT MOVIE!!!

My daughter, grandson and I went to see "Thor - Ragnarok" yesterday afternoon. Fun flick - very different than typical Marvel super-hero movies - more like Guardians of the Galaxy... They poked a lot of fun at themselves. Not one I'd feel the need to see again, but it was a good way to spend a rainy afternoon.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

A google search for "Jeep forum Mr. Nibbles" got me to your story pretty quickly.

A google search for "Jeep forum Mr. Nibbles" got me to your story pretty quickly.
    Cool! Thanks for taking a look.

Just keep in mind that we're a rough bunch over there lol. Lot's of colorful and offensive threads in our chat section ( anything goes more or less). But they're also really nice folks too and many of us have been there for quite a while so it's like a big screwed-up family of sorts lol.

That was a great tale! We were invaded by mice for a couple years - had to get quarterly visits from an exterminator. They would crawl between the insulation and the attic ceiling (floor) and die - dripping onto the floor after a while.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I reached it too.

Man, you got a hell of a GF!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    That was a great tale! We were invaded by mice for a couple years - had to get quarterly visits from an exterminator. They would crawl between the insulation and the attic ceiling (floor) and die - dripping onto the floor after a while.
    It's so incredibly frustrating! I contemplated bringing in an exterminator at one point too. I mean... I knew that we had more than a couple but each time that I would trap and/ or kill another one, it seemed as if there were two more to take it's place! We even had them in our washing machine! I believe that their numbers peaked shortly after one of our neighbors moved out. The new neighbor stays indoors 24/7 and has allowed the property to become quite derelict. Anyway... It seems that my constant vigilance has been paying off [knock on wood] as I'm not seeing nor hearing any sign of activity anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I reached it too.

Man, you got a hell of a GF!
    Lol... You don't know the half of it, man! Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm very blessed to have the few friends and family that I do ( obviously incl my fiancee). My love life has been somewhat of a series of slow-motion wrecks throughout my life. I've sincerely paid my dues in that regard. Fwiw, there's a couple more threads on JKO detailing some of my failed relationships lol... the most epic of which being "Love Story" and "Love Story II: The Warming Of The Sauce". Also a true gem!..."Should I Give Her The Condoms?". I ultimately wound up closing all three of those threads down but I have to say that they were all quite humorous!

Lol... You don't know the half of it, man! Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm very blessed to have the few friends and family that I do ( obviously incl my fiancee). My love life has been somewhat of a series of slow-motion wrecks throughout my life. I've sincerely paid my dues in that regard. Fwiw, there's a couple more threads on JKO detailing some of my failed relationships lol... the most epic of which being "Love Story" and "Love Story II: The Warming Of The Sauce". Also a true gem!..."Should I Give Her The Condoms?". I ultimately wound up closing all three of those threads down but I have to say that they were all quite humorous!
    Man, you're making me want to register at JKOwner's Forum. Too bad I don't own one.

It's mandatory that you share your stories here as well, from now on.

P.S. Sent you a P.M.