Thread: Sunday Morning Coffee and love

Sunday Morning Coffee and love

It's a warm and sunny tropical day, 10:05 am here, and I'm in my bermudas and flip flops sipping my third coffee, out of a mug my young daughter hand painted for me at school

I'm at my old folks' place and they'll make a black rice Paella for lunch.

A bit later I'll pick up the GF and we'll spend the afternoon together, probably finishing the day with a huge bowl of Açaí (she loves that).

In the evening I'll just grab some beer and a guitar just to chill a bit.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Re: Sunday Morning Coffee and love

It's cold here. My oven stopped working. My central heat stopped working. My daughter got run off the road and popped two tires--she's okay. My clothes dryer is acting up and quit working for a while yesterday. Plumbing in the bathroom developed problems.

But I'm still vertical. I have the happy task of reading for my classes: Chaucer and Charles Baudelaire. Might meet with a potential drummer for my new band. So not all is bad.

I'll have hot tea today and wear several layers to stay warm.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Oh, my, Willie.

I wish I could help in any way, man. Best of luck and let me know if I can do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Oh, my, Willie.

I wish I could help in any way, man. Best of luck and let me know if I can do anything!
    Thanks, Sergio. It's just he luck of the draw. Fortunately, I've got a little emergency money set aside. Just didn't plan on so much happening at once.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Cold front/ reality check blew in last night. Got down to almost freezing. I'm with Willie... When it rains, it pours! So many things to deal with next week. But today is a work day so it all gets put on the back-burner for now. Happy Sunday to you all. Take care.

we are having a grey potentially drizzly day before an expected substantial ocean with heavy rains, flash flooding and high winds tonight. Not much threat at my place except for possible power outages. If we truly get 55 mph winds with so many trees still full of leaves I expect to see a lot of downed limbs. I'm a bit of a anti-aborialist in that I'm not the least bit hesitant to say "That tree needs to be cut down" when it comes to being too close to power lines and buildings. People are weird, just down the street from me the property owner had to cut down a tree that had broken the water and sewer lines with its roots. Then they planted a new tree, in the exact same spot. What the hell do they think is going to happen in 30-40 years? The short sighted mentality never ceased to amaze me.

I finally scored a nailer, in absolutely unused mint condition, at a great price. The deal almost didn't happen because my text messages were all funky and weird, not getting delivered or taking 30-45 minutes to go through. The guitar that I returned the other day helped to fund all but 20 dollars of this purchase. Plus this will greatly enable the completion of the garage project which now only needs to acquire the materials I have the tools I need except for maybe a step bench. I might go get one today.

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong with Garage Band. It was recording audio but not showing audio waveforms in the timeline. Just because I could hear it through the headphones didn't mean the signal was very loud. Looking forward to doing some more recording in the very near future. Watch, I'll get inspired tonight and have a great groove going and *blip* the power will go out. Cue Darth Vader screaming "NOOOOoooooooo"

Forum Member

Cold here. And I love it! Must be genetic, but I'm ready to move to the mountains! LOVE the cold!

Ah willie, I hope the rest of your week goes better than the last couple of days!

Sergio, I like hearing about sunny days and flip flops - we're on winter's doorstep here in the Deep North. Been a mild fall so far (was in shorts and t-shirt yesterday) but today is cool, grey and rainy. Have the furnace AND the fireplace going today. Next weekend I'll be winterizing my cottage. Can't stop the inevitable.

Had a very late gig last night and woke up while it was still barely morning. It's 1:15 PM and I just finished my second coffee. Methinks very little will get done today!

A shot from the stage last night. Very intimate but lively gig last night. Was supposed to be a Halloween gig, but I'd say most people were NOT dressed up.

Tomorrow, my workplace settles into its new quarters. This has been a major move for my employer - the entire move will take a couple of years. I go from this (my building is almost direct centre of this photo):

to this...I will not miss the downtown commute at all!

It’s a beautiful day here in the mid 60’s.

Lots of man chores on the list today and I seem to have permanently busted my right hip.

Oh well I can just add it to the broken list and keep going.

I’ve got two half stacks set up and plan on some serious a/b experiments before the Astros game tonight. GO ASTROS!

@ch willie, is your house all electric? Have you lost a phase?

Be well my friends!

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

CG, my oven and heating are gas. My stove and hot water heater are gas; they work fine, so there’s not a problem with the gas. The heating unit is is 20 Year’s old, and I plan to get a new unit in April. The oven has been acting up for months, so I’v been expecting it to crap out.

Willie - check your flame spreader on your furnace. IF there's corrosion there (after months of not being used), the corrosion can inhibit the flame. If the flame is not spreading throughout the burner, the flame sensor can trip and stop the furnace altogether. Not unlike when spiders get into the venturi tubes in propane grills in the spring. It's a quick DIY job to check the flame spreader and remove any corrosion build up (with a bit of emory paper). A half hour and $5 worth of materials vs hundreds of dollars and a day off work for a service call.

See if this video makes sense....

Not sure about your gas stove.

It's 3:30pm here and I'm still in my robe. I've got a nasty head cold. I'm watching the F1 race live- something I seldom do because I hate to waste the day.

I don't feel much like playing my new guitar though I've got it out on a stand to admire.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Willie - check your flame spreader on your furnace. .
    Dirtdog, I think that you might be onto the problem. I'll check it out. Thanks, amigo.

Sorry about your woes, Willie. I hate when things pile up like that. You'll get through it...

Today was my first day off since October 8. I've either been traveling for my first job or working at my second. I did laundry, ate my favorite lunch, read a little, snoozed a little, and played guitar a little. It's rainy and dark outside, so it was a good day to stay indoors and do nothing.

I guess it sucks to be retired with no issues. Last night I played for the wedding reception of a good friend and the band, and all who sat in, had a great time. As I age I find gigs like this mean a lot...just good friends and good music with no stress involved; just have a great time and enjoy!!

Dirt Dog, is that the old Nortel building?
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

I had to take care of one of their switches for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Sorry about your woes, Willie. I hate when things pile up like that. You'll get through it...
    It's all going to be all right. I'm choosing to be optimistic. These things just happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Dirt Dog, is that the old Nortel building?
    It is! Good eye OSA!

I didn’t get to enjoy the experience of my first day at the new location this morning. My basement was starting to flood when I got up this am! We’ve had a lot of rain over the last 36 hours. My sump pump was working overtime and I had two wetvacs running in tandem for an hour or so. Now working on wet vaccing my basement carpet in the hopes that I won’t have to tear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Dirtdog, I think that you might be onto the problem. I'll check it out. Thanks, amigo.
    Cool. Let us know how it works out!