Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out for delivery...

Re: Out for delivery...

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I have gravitated towards chunkier ones of late but a good thin ES is still a joy. Thin LP? Not so much...
    My first Gibson LP had a thin neck, and I thought that would be best for my hands, but the one I have now has a chunkier neck, and I much prefer it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Nice looking beast as well! I love the necks on ES's. Thin OR fat, they are all great! The thin ones used to be MY definition of a great neck. I have gravitated towards chunkier ones of late but a good thin ES is still a joy. Thin LP? Not so much...
    This one is a thin neck and I love it. When I had my custom-built Stol guitar I had him measure the ES so it would be closest to that neck.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    My ES 335 has the nicest neck of any guitar I own. It plays really smoothly and sounds amazing.

That smile.

That is the feeling, that is why I play.

Cheers!
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Yep ^^^. I've said it before... I'd love to jam with you guys. Love that guitar too.

They call the neck on this one a rounded C. They say it's .850" thick at the 1st fret and .950" at the 12th. I Like it a lot. The ES-335s that I've played in recent years had thinner, flatter necks than I like.

I'm really digging this guitar! It sounds good on the couch, great plugged in and it's gonna look great on stage.

I have to say, I'm not impressed with the case. It was made in Canada- I assume it's a TKL. It's pretty flimsy compared to the cases that my early 2000s Gibsons came in. The fit between the case and the lid is poor and the hardware is not great. I actually like the Epiphone case that I keep my '59 ES-225 in a little better.
    The guitar fits in it well and It'll do its job and probably last well enough. At least it has a nice handle. The case that my '15 Martin 000-15M came in is a little more nicely made but has a plastic handle that gets slick when it gets wet.

Luckily, I don't but a guitar for the case.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I'm really digging this guitar! It sounds good on the couch, great plugged in and it's gonna look great on stage.

I have to say, I'm not impressed with the case. It was made in Canada- I assume it's a TKL. It's pretty flimsy compared to the cases that my early 2000s Gibsons came in. The fit between the case and the lid is poor and the hardware is not great. I actually like the Epiphone case that I keep my '59 ES-225 in a little better.
    The guitar fits in it well and It'll do its job and probably last well enough. At least it has a nice handle. The case that my '15 Martin 000-15M came in is a little more nicely made but has a plastic handle that gets slick when it gets wet.

Luckily, I don't but a guitar for the case.
    EXACTLY! Same problem on my 58 RI 335 case. Fits the guitar great but is crap build. That's why I did the huge SKB. That didn't fit well. The Gibson USA case I have on my Nashville 345 fits like a glove and is built well. The case on my 2015 Lemonburst is built decent (really crappy knifeblade thin handle though). They are going downhill...

EXACTLY! Same problem on my 58 RI 335 case. Fits the guitar great but is crap build. That's why I did the huge SKB. That didn't fit well. The Gibson USA case I have on my Nashville 345 fits like a glove and is built well. The case on my 2015 Lemonburst is built decent (really crappy knifeblade thin handle though). They are going downhill...
    I thought of your case complaints when I saw the issues with mine. They're different cases- yours is a reissue case and mine is a modern case with a rougher texture Tolex and Gibson logo screened on it.

It's funny, when I received the guitar, I instinctively reached around the back of the case for latches and there weren't any! Just the 4 across the front. It'll do, though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I thought of your case complaints when I saw the issues with mine. They're different cases- yours is a reissue case and mine is a modern case with a rougher texture Tolex and Gibson logo screened on it.

It's funny, when I received the guitar, I instinctively reached around the back of the case for latches and there weren't any! Just the 4 across the front. It'll do, though.
    Yes. That would be the case on my Lemonburst. Is the handle fat top to bottom but really thin side to side? Dark greyish interior?

Yes. That would be the case on my Lemonburst. Is the handle fat top to bottom but really thin side to side? Dark greyish interior?
    No. The handle on my new guitar's case is really nice. Very comfy. The interior is plus dark grey.

I finally got to set up the guitar last night. I straightened the neck a bit, raised the action and lowered the pickups. What a difference in playability and tone! The guitar felt "tight" and "stiff" and sounded distorted the way it was set up from the factory. I feel like it's mine now.

Awesome to "make it your own"... subsequently solidifying the bond. Cheers!