Thread: October Sunday and the Wait Is On

October Sunday and the Wait Is On

guitar due to arrive on Wednesday at my local GC. If for any reason it doesn't pass muster I'll return it on the spot. Another unseasonably warm day expected today. I've been trying to take advantage of the weather as much as I can. Usually October is one of the rainier months we have, the middle of the week looks to be that way. We've had 2 or 3 days in a row of elevated fire hazard so we can use the rain. I want it to knock the leaves that are hanging on my locust trees. They're usually bare by this time.

Tweaked my back this week, had to go for an extra adjustment. Trying to take it easy, as if I'm super physically active already. Fortunately it isn't constantly painful so I'm not taking anything for it. I do have muscle relaxers from a car accident a few years ago, I should try taking them before bed.

Running into yet more frustration with the recording setup. I did receive my injector jack plug this week and sprayed my patchbay. It appears to have worked quite well. However, I'm not getting any waveforms on my tracks on Garage Band. I almost got some yesterday. The levels are showing up in the track and master levels, the audio is playing in the headphones, the signal when sent to a tape deck has been normal. I'm just not seeing anything visually. I saw almost because when I was recording there was barely perceptible movement on the track but after it's done, the line is flat as a billiard slate. I can't find anything that says how to get it back.

Re: October Sunday and the Wait Is On

Still struggling with finding pleasure in playing, but I've decided to start a band and hope that will motivate me to play more and to find joy in it. We're going to do a mix of covers and original tunes. So far, I've lined up a lead guitarist and a drummer. I'm going to switch to bass. It's been decades since I was the bassist in a band. I am looking forward to working with the drummer--he's a guy who understands how to lock in with the bass and give a good solid beat. I think my main basses will be my Ric and Hofner, though I'll give the Jazz Bass its stage time as well.

Hope you all have a happy Sunday and a great week.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Beautiful day here! My daughter and I just got back from the flea market.

I've got a guitar arriving on Tuesday!

oh, yeah? a 335, maybe?

She's a damp, dreary day here on the shore of Lake Michigan, and last weekend was kind of the same thing as we ran the Fall Colors Run around La Crosse, WI in my wife's Corvette with the Suburban Corvette Club of Minnesota.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    oh, yeah? a 335, maybe?
    Better be or he gots some 'splainin to do Lucy!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    oh, yeah? a 335, maybe?
    Yep. I don't know where they came up with so many 2016 "floor models"!

I'm traveling again. Still. Whatever.

I landed home from New York City Friday night, worked an eight hour shift on my part-time job Saturday, and took off for Boston this morning. The good news is that I have a sister in Boston, and she, my brother-in-law and I got together for a long lunch and some catching up. We visited a Guitar Center that was next to the restaurant, and checked out some (pretty plain) guitars.

I'm going to start another thread which encompasses something the GC dude told me. No point in hijacking this thread.