Thread: B. Hefner Co.

TFF Stage Crew

B. Hefner Co.

Anyone know about these necks/bodies?

Forum Member
    I've got a Hefner standard tele neck. Nice quality, but its a really weird taper. Its very very thin up at the headstock, but becomes a baseball bat near the 12th fret. Its borderline bizarre. I've never seen anything tapered so wildly. I'm kinda used to it, but will probably change it out eventually...

HT

Forum Member
    Snyder's reply is the best one I have heard about B Hefner necks.

Forum Member

nocaster neck?

I played a real nocaster here and noticed the dramatic
    taper it was real wide from 7th and 5th areas then dropped quickly seemed real wide. This was a real one so wondering if that was a nocaster shaped one. Ive seen some hefner necks and those played nice as well. I think with all aftermarket necks
    there is bound to be some imperfections frets ect..cant tell the number of warmoths ive seen that were bad or in need of new frets at least.. not to knock any of them.

fred58
    i have a hefner tele neck waiting to go on an esquire custom body by musikraft. it's not finished yet but so far the feel of the neck is great.

Forum Member

b . hefner

i customed order a strat neck from him that was supposed to be a boat neck with AAAAA flame for $330.00. when i got the neck it was the worst neck i've ever seen! the finish was not even dry when they box it up,so it was all stuck the the padding and screwed all to hell! the flame was barely noticable at all.and the contour was all the above( c,v,d shape all in one , i mean screwed up!!

and as for talking to bernie about the problems about the neck he'd told me i got what i payed for!!!and i was nic picking, then he would'nt even talk to me any more!i dont like talking about people but this guy royally screwed me!!! if you want a very good neck check out warmoth,thats what i had to do after all this. but i was very happy with there neck. it is a boat neck with AAA flame ,and i mean beautiful neck. all anybody could ask for,and that's all i wanted in the first place!!!!

be very aware!!!!

chris

TFF Stage Crew
    I've had Warmoth necks. I don't like the shape of the headstock & the feel of the contours. I would like a flamed maple/rosewood neck, but those two things are critical to me.

Forum Member
    I had the same experience ordering a $300.++"Tele" neck from B. Hefner.
    I specified a chunky fat Brazilian Slab Flamed neck, went out of my way to emphasize that I wanted a neck that was clubby feeling like an early 50s Tele and got a standard C taper. In fairness to the company, the owner did offer to refabricate one, but considering the long wait, I just wanted to move on. It was expensive and a waste of time and money. It's hard to beleive that John Sprung would recommend this outfit.
    The other company on my shitlist is Warmoth. They are simply inept.

I ahve 3 warmoth necks so far. Not one problem or complaint. everything has been as requested. Event he weird tele headstock on the strat neck I needed for my PT-Elite.

Dale
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6