Thread: First Sunday post apocalypse ... wait, we're still here?

First Sunday post apocalypse ... wait, we're still here?

Oh, crap. I think a lot of pimps and dealers are going to be really unhappy with me

so, uh, how far into today has yesterday still go? Is Saturday completely off the globe by 7 AM eastern time Sunday? Is there still hope? Not much going on otherwise, football later. The locust trees in my back yard are thinning rapidly and doing little to diminish my dislike of them. What was that landscaper thinking?

Forum Member

Re: First Sunday post apocalypse ... wait, we're still here?

What was supposed to happen? Locust trees are great if you like your roots on top of the ground. And suckers. Otherwise they are called "weeds"...

I guess I'll go to the Metro West Guitar show after all. I hope it's better than the typical Massachusetts guitar show!

I went to a guitar show, I want to say Auburn but it's been 11-12 years so I don't remember. Granted it was just as the economy was beginning a major contraction but boy that was a pretty sad state of affairs. Everybody was still thinking the sky was the limit and practically nobody was buying. I sold two amps for far less than they should have gone for including my sorely missed early '70s princeton reverb that I owned since new.

Thinking the apocalypse was coming, I sold my home and everything I owned. However, I plan to break in and vacuum today because that's what I do on Sundays.

I have a bit to do to prep for classes, but I'll spend a good hunk of the day reading F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Naked and Damned. I love Gatsby and Tender is the Night, but this one seems terribly ornate and superficial. I'm about halfway through it; maybe there'll be a payoff in the second half.

I got my old PC repaired, and it's easy to use for recording, so I might spend some time getting it set up.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Crazy huh? We made it through Y2K AND 2012... LOL Now this. I'm still waiting for Bruce Willis to nuke an asteroid
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Just came home from the capital after my Saturday night rehearsal/beer/burger/bed routine.

Watched GnR last nite, they played in Rio. Too bad Axl ain't getting there anymore. Anyway gotta respect, and last time I saw them live here in Brazil he rocked.

Arrived home at 1 pm and folks had made a lamb roast, but it was way too greasy, and I'm supposed to be on a diet, so got back in the car and headed to the nearest Subway. Couldn't eat there either. As I waited in line, I saw that the woman who was making the sandwiches had a terribly dirty mouth, I could see that her teeth were not clean, man. Disgusting, I had never experienced such a thing in a chain restaurant (or in any Brazilian restaurant FWIW). And the bitch couldn't stop talking while working, I began to feel nauseae at the thought of her spitting all over the stuff.

Left and came back home. No lunch.

Later on I'll take the GF out and hopefully we'll have a decent dinner somewhere.

Damn it!

I think the idiot we have for a president is still working on the apocalypse. When he gets done antagonizing the North Koreans and Americans who don't give a rat's patoot if athletes respect or disrespect the American flag we could be headed for Hell in a handbag, as they say.

Had a house full of people today, houseguest still here, and work is a four letter word.

Last week was the closest I've ever been to quitting a job without another one waiting.

May the sun shine warmly upon your face and the birds sing as you pass.

Be well my friends.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Well, considering we had July weather here during the first weekend of autumn, I'd say the end of the world is coming or might already be here.

Was a HOT scorcher this weekend - first time this year it was pushing 100F...lots of humidity, clear skies and no wind. Wasn't much to do but sit on the dock, drink a few wobbly pops and fall into the water every now and again. Was too hot to even go out in the boat and do some fishing. had to ride my motorcycle back to town - first time in a long time I didn't wear a jacket. Slathered on the SPF 60 and I still feel a bit toasty after two hours on the road. Thankfully I wear a full face helmet so my noggin stayed unburnt.

Usually at this time of year, I'm stoking the first fire of the season in my wood burning stove. Not today!

Spent most of the day walking back and forth and up and down. Took a bunch of pictures along the way. I wouldn't have known it if the apocalypse went down...

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Spent most of the day walking back and forth and up and down. Took a bunch of pictures along the way. I wouldn't have known it if the apocalypse went down...
    Wait - this isn't a phtot of downtown Los Angeles?
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Don't give up yet!
    The fellow said his calculations were a little off, and has moved the date up to October. (And then there is 7 more years of catastrophe before the final, final end!)

Will one of you hipper fellows just give me a heads up?

I don't want to pay the water bill if I don't have too.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

And lo, on the day of the final ascension, poly-glooped guitars shall rise from their glazed encasements. Tone woods shall be free to express sounds hitherto unheard by human ears. And all the poly forms shall converge into a monstrous beast and touch the moon and release it's kraken cheese.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

ramen

guys...

buffalo fx evolution...

yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss