Thread: Last Sunday before Equinox and the Apocalypse

Last Sunday before Equinox and the Apocalypse

beware the 23rd, we all going to be killed.

I say 'Good'. Hookers and blow, baby. Damn the consequences

Ahem. Excuse me, where was I? Oh yeah, sunday coffee thread. Little late getting started, sorry about that.

was foggy as heck, now clear and humid. blech. so ready for fall weather. not much going on, gotta go get some lunch stuff. screwed off on the computer and now I'll have to contend with the after services sunday crowd. We who are about to die salute you.

Re: Last Sunday before Equinox and the Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    beware the 23rd, we all going to be killed. I say 'Good'. Hookers and blow, baby. Damn the consequences
    Ha ha ha. All hail hookers and blow!

Well I'm going to spend my last Sunday on Earth vacuuming, prepping for classes by reading the poems of the Greek poet from Lesbos, Sappho, and I've got to prep a grant request for an upcoming conference on international studies. Otherwise, I'll go for a walk and then do some leisurely reading. Lately, I've been reading as much as breathing. Really good stuff. I used to be a voracious reader, and I didn't know it, but my abuse of the left handed herbal cigarettes destroyed my powers of concentration. Since I quit almost 6 months ago, I've been reading so many great books. Although I'm not really full of joy, I'm glad to be reading again and to have a library of incredible books to choose from. I'm a literary fellow, and I think the books I'm reading are among the greatest works of art the world has ever produced. Soon, I'm going to start Tolstoy's War and Peace-I finally found a copy whose print is big enough for me to see.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

The world is ending?

yall gotta give me some advance notice. I just bought a new amp and I was planning on unveiling it today.

Oh well, never mind.

Be well everyone

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Oh, darn. I'm scheduled to do a sunrise photo shoot in Zion National Park on Saturday. Maybe the apocalypse will make the sunrise even more spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Oh, darn. I'm scheduled to do a sunrise photo shoot in Zion National Park on Saturday. Maybe the apocalypse will make the sunrise even more spectacular.

Wow, that sounds cool.

I would love to see the resulting photos.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesGator View Post
    Wow, that sounds cool.

I would love to see the resulting photos.
    Be careful what you ask for. I'm going to remember your request.

I think I'm a better photographer than I am a guitar player.

Which isn't saying much.

It started off really foggy here, too. It burned off late and became a great day. We dropped the top and went for a ride to the bay for one last hot day by the water. There should be plenty more nice drives in the foliage soon.

So tired of working weekends so this will be a refreshing change!

Hey, all...

Forum Member

The 23rd? I have to wait that long? Gotta space out the H&B so's da coin will last...

Another week begins as we march to the end...

Spent Sunday on the lake in my boat. Dialling my new-to-me 1975 Mercury 9.8! Way too hot up here to anything more ambitious than that.

Hello, friends!

Well, I spent the Sunday in bed, resting and recovering from Saturday night.

I played the first gig with my band's new formation, me being the single guitarist, at a local small pub.

I don't know what happened, because I totally suck as a soloist, but fact is, it was my best gig EVER. I don't know whose spirit I incorporated as soon as I stepped onto the stage, but I tell you, boys: this guy musta been a hell of a tough cowboy.

I was playing my Gibson SG, and had to cover four sets of different genres, but I did it old school, just switching pickups and using two dirt pedals, one for a crunchy overdrive and the other for a heavier distortion.

For the finale we covered Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, and I ROCKED the hell out of that SG. I don't even know how I did it. I didn't try to sound like Gilmour nor intended to make the 57s on my SG sound crystal clear like a Strat's SSS. I played the song as a macho latino cowboy would play it with a beaten up Gibson SG in a smoky roadhouse would do to end a gig . My drummer was raging like a wounded bull and the outro solo was a sledgehammer into the audience's faces.

Came home at 3:40 am, and even though I had had several Buds at the pub, I drank a tad more than half liter of Jack Daniel's before I could actually sleep.

You can figure out how good the taste of Advil felt in the next morning, but I couldn't stop smiling.

Here's pics of me playing the gig and me and my girlfriend at the pub:

Congrats, Sergio, on a great gig. Sometimes all the conditions come together and take one into a place of guitar godness. When the band is tight and one is playing well, there's nothing like it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison