Thread: New monitors!

New monitors!

I've had a set of AR-11 loudspeakers since I bought them in 1980. At the time they were one of the most accurate speakers on the market - I loved them! Over teh yeas they got old and frankly - just didn't sound as good as they used to - even with new drivers installed at some point or other. for my birthday this year I decided to treat myself - and here is what I got!

JBL LSR 308 monitors and the LSR 310 subwoofer. I also got a small Denon mixer to go from the Integrated amp to the speakers and a Furman power supply. The power supply is cool - it sequences the start-up so the subwoofer goes on first, then the speakers and then the amp (as recommended by JBL). I had a time listening to them last night. Just plain amazing!! I played a variety of things and they just sang! At the end I put on Cat Stevens' "Tea for the Tillerman" which I always felt was one of the best produced albums of all times. Just awesome!

I tried to post phtots - but for some reason I can't post from facebook this morning.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: New monitors!

you're like the third person in a week who said they got a pair of those. I think somebody was having a sale on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    you're like the third person in a week who said they got a pair of those. I think somebody was having a sale on them.
    It's been the same price pretty much everywhere, but Sweetwater has 48 month interest free financing.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    It's been the same price pretty much everywhere, but Sweetwater has 48 month interest free financing.
    photots please Nick
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

I am having trouble posting phtots - links to facebook pics are "invalid files" and the upload feature doesn't seem to work.

Kenny, you can see them on my facebook page - can't post phtots here for some bizarre reason. For everybody else my facebook name - wait for it..... gibsonjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Kenny, you can see them on my facebook page - can't post phtots here for some bizarre reason. For everybody else my facebook name - wait for it..... gibsonjunkie
    you know whats funny Nick? I tried to post a pic of the new bass - and it gave that fault icon in my post. I had posted it on Talkbass from photobucket , and it was fine. I copied the photot source from the posted pic on talkbass, and used it to post the pic here and it worked fine.

Funny? Weird?
    I submit.......Maybe.......
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>