Thread: Ultimate Knock-Off Project

Forum Member

Ultimate Knock-Off Project

I acquired an old 65-67 Teisco double neck guitar body that is an SG double neck shape. It features a short scale four string bass guitar with a single pickup and a six string guitar with twin pick ups. It's really not in bad shape and is quite restorable but it was in really ugly condition when I got it the name on the headstocks had been gouged, dug completely out of the wood. Rather than fishing out the control cavity wiring a large jalapeno pepper shaped hole was cut from the from of the body. It had the crapiest 70's version cheap garbage tuning machines, pickups and a badass II bass bridge. The bass pick up was missing it had been rattle canned flat black with a huge mirrored red pick guard used to cover up the butchery. My initial intention was just to restore it to as original as I could. I have however decided to build a custom player out of it and put genuine Gibson components in it if I can find them. I will need to use a bridge pickup from an EB3 and I would love to get a set of ripping SG electronics. I already have a set of Grover tuners for the guitar side. And a custom bass bridge system that allows me to mount individually for string gap. I have doe a lot of the cosmetic repairs to the headstock and made a patch for the hole in the front. The back of the guitar still has the original paint and is in excellent condition. I plan to leave that and match the front and headstocks to it. It is a green with black bursted around the edges. Not exactly my favorite but very 60's Japanese. I will post some picks next post and try to keep posting as it goes should be really cool when she's done.

Re: Ultimate Knock-Off Project

Sounds very interesting. I'd love to see pics for sure! Best of luck with the endeavor.

Neat!!! That sounds very interesting, dying to see pics!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Yeap! Pics wanted!