Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 1791

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Forum Member

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

That's a beauty!

I don't have any pics of it yet, but I went to visit a friend who's in his late '70s, is quite sick, has a lot of gear, and is looking at getting out of the game. We spent a few hours together, talked a lot and jammed as much as his swollen fingers would let him.

He was interested in selling me his MiM '72 CLassic Thinline Telecaster and an American Series Stratocaster Deluxe HSS, both at really great prices. The Strat was awesome, one of the best I've played. Great sounds and feel! But, he couldn't bear to part with it and changed his mind. It was his dream guitar, his best guitar- a guitar that he wanted to leave to a friend who, sadly, died last year. I think parting with it would be like giving up. He asked me to call him in a couple of weeks- once he has a more detailed prognosis- to see if he changes his mind. I hope he decides to keep it.

I bought the Thinline Tele. It's got a set of Wide Range Humbuckers (in name only) and little frets, but is a nice clean guitar. I like it now that I've set it up and dressed the barbed wire fret ends. It's good for bluesy, swampy, twang. Plus, it reminds me of hanging with the guy.

I think he was really happy to have someone over who shared his interests (though he doesn't understand why I love tube amps so much) and wants me to come back to hang out again. I'll be there- maybe he'll let me play that Strat again!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I think he was really happy to have someone over who shared his interests (though he doesn't understand why I love tube amps so much) and wants me to come back to hang out again. I'll be there- maybe he'll let me play that Strat again!

(The "thumbs up" Like button goes here!).

Last Wednesday at a "dinner and..." gathering at church, we had "stations" where one could pray, if one chose to do so. One of those stations was "pray for releasing 'things' that control our lives."

Because, as we know, you can't take it with you.

In the end, the things dearest to us are our relationships. Humanity is all about how we relate to others and God. Nothing more.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

He was interested in selling me his MiM '72 CLassic Thinline Telecaster and an American Series Stratocaster Deluxe HSS, both at really great prices. The Strat was awesome, one of the best I've played. Great sounds and feel! But, he couldn't bear to part with it and changed his mind. It was his dream guitar, his best guitar- a guitar that he wanted to leave to a friend who, sadly, died last year. I think parting with it would be like giving up. He asked me to call him in a couple of weeks- once he has a more detailed prognosis- to see if he changes his mind. I hope he decides to keep it.

Of course, you could buy it, then forget to take it home - leave it with him until whenever.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42 View Post
    Of course, you could buy it, then forget to take it home - leave it with him until whenever.

Meh. I appreciate the good intentions, but there is so much that could happen between now and whenever, and most of them wind up being short of cash, that I'd probably pass on the idea.
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42 View Post
    I don't think he needs the money, I think he just doesn't want to leave a pile of stuff behind.

Once again, not technically guitar related but definitely guitar related…

Got myself a brand new Levi’s blue paisley bandana. I love to carry one in my pocket whenever I go playing guitar. There are so many uses for it… drying up sweaty hands/brow, wiping the guitar after playing… It even dubs for a mask if mine gets lost or dirty.

I found out the hard way that a standard capo doesn't work on my new 12-string. And because it is reverse-strung, a compensated capo like the ones made by G7 won't work. Fortunately, I learned of Shubb capos, contacted them, and ordered a Capo Royale C3g in Rose Gold. Should be here Monday, at the latest.

Striving to be ordinary

Forum Member

A Spider Capo!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw17 View Post
    A Spider Capo!

Wow, never seen one before. How does it work?

My Shubb capo arrived today! It's perfect!
    Striving to be ordinary

Forum Member

You can individually capo strings creating all kinds of tunings. You can also play on both sides of the capo. 945 tunings without touching a peg!!

Placed a backorder with Sweetwater for one of the new PRS SE Zack Myers single cut semi-hollowbody guitars.

Over the weekend I ordered a new Fender JV 60s Stratocaster from CME. It is tracking to arrive on Friday.

Received a 3-pack today from Sweetwater of Martin's Authentic Lifespan 2.0 Treated Acoustic Guitar Strings for my Little Martin Maccasar. Put a set of Fender strings on it last week and they are nowhere near the original Martins so off they go.
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Strings and picks.

I just bought back then Dr. Z Z Wreck Jr that I sold last July! I saw the guy asking what it was worth on a Dr. Z FB group, realized it was mine, saw it advertised for a very fair price locally, contacted the guy about it, jokingly said I'd give him his money back for it, and he said "ok"! He's putting the funds towards a nice resonator guitar.

Hopefully, I don't come to realize why I sold it!

Here's a pic from a about a year ago. It looks the same.

while searching for a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50, eBay showed a listing based on my searches for a 2010 Squier CV60 Precision bass in Fiesta Red. I've played many of them back when they came out but didn't have the herewithal to pull the trigger. And like that, they stopped the production and they became hens' teeth. If you see on, they're triple what they were new. Last one I saw, I thought they were scamming with a more recent model with pau ferro bacon fingerboard.

This one was in Japan and not cheap. I put it on watch and went about my business. Today I get an email from the seller with an offer of 10% off. The guitar is not in perfect shape but it has a beautiful dark fingerboard, an absolute must for me.

I had just turned down a different model of Marshall the other day, I was one click away from purchasing. It would have been a compromise anyway. I know what I want and that's what I'm going to get, eventually. I hemmed and hawed for a couple hours on the bass but I finally decided that I would sell my Sterling music man, my CV50 Esquire and my sunburst CV50 strat
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    while searching for a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50
    I just saw a JCM2000 DSL 50 for sale on FB Marketplace in Westwood, MA.

I just saw a JCM2000 DSL 50 for sale on FB Marketplace in Westwood, MA.
    yes, somebody sent me a link to that. Unfortunately, I don't do FB. It's less than an hour from me, too. And I'd have to pay cash which I don't really have. I'm putting 3 guitars up for sale, if they go before that amp does, I'll see if I can't get somebody to contact the seller for me. Eff Zuckerberg. But I bet it won't last.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

I’m trying to hold off on GAS, but thinking of buying qty2 new Fractal Axe FXIIIs and FC 12s as well as another FRFR. Would sell my current Fractal AXEIII and FC12 as well as a Mesa MK V35 and a Hartke KB15

Going to be building a house and it’s cheaper to get a duplicate rig for upstairs vs altering plans, installing a dumb waiter, etc. while that’s a year out, might as well enjoy it now. I already hate my lack of delay pedals for the Mesa upstairs.
    Mark

yes, somebody sent me a link to that. Unfortunately, I don't do FB. It's less than an hour from me, too. And I'd have to pay cash which I don't really have. I'm putting 3 guitars up for sale, if they go before that amp does, I'll see if I can't get somebody to contact the seller for me. Eff Zuckerberg. But I bet it won't last.
    They lowered their price to $700! If I hadn't just bought my Z Wreck Jr back last Sunday...
    Last edited by Don; 04-22-2022 at 05:00 PM.

They lowered their price to $700! If I hadn't just bought my Z Wreck Jr back last Sunday...
    with my luck, as soon as I join FB, it will be sold. Then I'll stuck with that 900 lb gorilla having my phone number.

with my luck, as soon as I join FB, it will be sold. Then I'll stuck with that 900 lb gorilla having my phone number.
    As much as I don't mind FB, I wouldn't join just for that. Do you have a close local friend or family member whose account you can use?

As much as I don't mind FB, I wouldn't join just for that. Do you have a close local friend or family member whose account you can use?
    how much do burner phones cost? Asking for a friend.

while searching for a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50, eBay showed a listing based on my searches for a 2010 Squier CV60 Precision bass in Fiesta Red. I've played many of them back when they came out but didn't have the herewithal to pull the trigger. And like that, they stopped the production and they became hens' teeth. If you see on, they're triple what they were new. Last one I saw, I thought they were scamming with a more recent model with pau ferro bacon fingerboard.

This one was in Japan and not cheap. I put it on watch and went about my business. Today I get an email from the seller with an offer of 10% off. The guitar is not in perfect shape but it has a beautiful dark fingerboard, an absolute must for me.

I had just turned down a different model of Marshall the other day, I was one click away from purchasing. It would have been a compromise anyway. I know what I want and that's what I'm going to get, eventually. I hemmed and hawed for a couple hours on the bass but I finally decided that I would sell my Sterling music man, my CV50 Esquire and my sunburst CV50 strat
    pisser. got an email this morning that they couldn't find the p bass in their warehouse and cancelled the order and refunded my payment.

guess I'll get that marshall after all if it's still there

well, I got a Marshall after all. Just not the unobtainable one on FBMP. A new Reverb listing came up a few hours ago today. I messaged the guy and asked about a foot switch. It wasn't shown in the ad but I wanted to see how quickly he replied. He replied in 2 minutes. Come to find out, he worked in a music store that bought and sold high end guitars, amps and stuff, and did a lot of shipping for them. I feel confident he'll do a good job packing. It was more expensive, but it's a really clean piece and importantly to me, no mods.

re: the foot switch. There wasn't one but I never used the pedal that came with my amp anyway.

Cue the Tom Petty song "The Wait".

well, I got a Marshall after all. Just not the unobtainable one on FBMP. A new Reverb listing came up a few hours ago today. I messaged the guy and asked about a foot switch. It wasn't shown in the ad but I wanted to see how quickly he replied. He replied in 2 minutes. Come to find out, he worked in a music store that bought and sold high end guitars, amps and stuff, and did a lot of shipping for them. I feel confident he'll do a good job packing. It was more expensive, but it's a really clean piece and importantly to me, no mods.

re: the foot switch. There wasn't one but I never used the pedal that came with my amp anyway.

Cue the Tom Petty song "The Wait".
    That's great! What kind of Marshall?

That's great! What kind of Marshall?
    JCM2000 DSL 50, the one in Westborough is still there. see if it's still there next week, offer him a deal?

heh heh, I loosely paraphrased Yeats on another forum "Something slouching toward New England."

Got back from my vacation, paid some bills, and did my taxes (I pay the feds, get some back from the state). Then, I did as I pretty much knew I was going to: If it was still available three weeks after first seeing it, I was going to buy it -- a Taylor 322ce. It comes in two models, a 12-fret and a 14-fret. I went for the 14, even though my 652ce changed my mind about 12-fret guitars. My first purchase from Dave's Guitars. I'm very happy with their service and responsiveness.
    Striving to be ordinary

I'm getting into Explorer guitars. So a few weeks ago, I traded an Epi SG righty for a a Jackson Betty Bird explorer type bass. A righty. I learned that I can get rid of the knobs on guitars, so this has opened up guitars to me that the knobs scared away lefty me.

So today, I bought an an Epi Explorer bass, and I'm thinking of preordering a lefty Gibson Explorer.

Yee dogs. I love Explorers.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

NGD!

The Brown Truck took a detour, so instead of receiving it yesterday, it arrived today. Wrong box, right guitar.

Taylor 322ce. Mahogany top, Tasmanian Blackwood body. 14-fret electro-acoustic six-string.

Striving to be ordinary

OS, that's amazing. I can't wait to hear more about it from you. Excellent choice.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

The brown truck came to me today, too. I just got done playing my new (to me) Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 head through my 4x12. The only hiccup was nothing happened when I plugged a guitar in, so I looked in back to see if the tubes ... were not there, I was going to say 'lit up'. They were bubble wrapped and taped inside the head. Took me longer to unwrap them than it did to unpack the amp.

First I used my Deluxe and it wasn't long before The Boys Were Back In Town. Then the R9, throwing down some hammer of the gods. Then a strat. All sounded glorious, all hail the mighty half stack.

I used to only use the green channel on my old one, same with the 401 combo. This time, I got into the red channels, and boy howdy, it was awesome. Granted, I've learned a bit since the last rodeo and it showed in spades.

pics, or it didn't happen:

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

A capable, good-looking rig!
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

The brown truck came to me today, too. I just got done playing my new (to me) Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 head through my 4x12. The only hiccup was nothing happened when I plugged a guitar in, so I looked in back to see if the tubes ... were not there, I was going to say 'lit up'. They were bubble wrapped and taped inside the head. Took me longer to unwrap them than it did to unpack the amp.

First I used my Deluxe and it wasn't long before The Boys Were Back In Town. Then the R9, throwing down some hammer of the gods. Then a strat. All sounded glorious, all hail the mighty half stack.

I used to only use the green channel on my old one, same with the 401 combo. This time, I got into the red channels, and boy howdy, it was awesome. Granted, I've learned a bit since the last rodeo and it showed in spades.

pics, or it didn't happen:

That's awesome!

I took in a Wampler Pantheon as a partial trade plus cash for a 2x12" cab that I was selling. I liked it for the lower gain sounds. Then I tried the higher gain sounds with my Princeton Reverb and put my Mesa Mark Five:25 up for sale! I like the PR with the Pantheon better!
    The Pantheon will probably also replace one of my Prince of Tone pedals (and who knows what else!).

Bought a guitar, bass and mandolin strap. I will say depending on developments within the next week or so, a major acquisition may be made. Gibson CS R9.
    Mark

oscar schmidt 0e20
    fender mim telecaster

Forum Member

Made a trade for a mandolin, figured since my wife had a banjo, i needed it!

Got a set of fret files for basses. I'm going to have to make my own nut for the righty Explorer bass that's coming in tomorrow.

Also bought a cleaning kit with brushes of several sizes, same with cloths. It's so easy to clean my guitars with this stuff. StewMac Cleaning Kit. Worth it if you don't know which brushes to buy.

Not bought, but fell is love with a Fender CS 50s Thinline Tele relic with a Bigsby. Not so much into the relic thing, but the neck was great. Same store that has the R9 I’m interested in.
    Mark