Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Ok, just bought something. Some velcro for my pedals.
    That was my Saturday purchase. I velcroed a Wah and a TS-9 to a piece of wood to take to open stage jams. I will use batteries just for simplicity.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Since I'm soloing more, I had to buy a new BOSS DD3 delay. All the others I tried sucked too much tone. The Boss is the only delay pedal that leaves the clean tone crystal clear.

Blue Sky is probably going back but just ordered a HOF II for just under $135.

Ok, just ordered a Fender Pro Series Tweed case for my black strat.

she deserves it.

I absolutely love that case! ^^^

Just arrived...

It wasn't within the last 48 hours, but I bought a TC Electronics unitune clip on tuner. I love it! I need more of them! At least one for my acoustic case, one for the electric cases, one in the living room and one in the studio.

I neglected to report in to this thread in a while. The majority of my purchases are tangentially related to guitar. That would be power tools, bench tools and fixtures for a workshop to, you guessed it, build more guitar stuff. I did buy a digitech pedal called the Trio Band Creator. I was impressed by the video, put the pedal on my wish list with a certain online retailer and got an email saying the pedal used in the video was available for sale, at a good price. They also have a limited time offer of a free control pedal and yes free shipping. That was what I was using on Thursday when I inadvertently left my Princeton on for 3 days. I was even more impressed by the pedal in person. The stuff they can do now, it's pretty incredible.

I plan to play with it some more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post

Just arrived...

Me too. Too bad it’s no longer made by G&G, but you know what people say...

anyhoo, I never liked the SKB molded case Jessica came with. Such a great guitar should have a deluxe case.

Just arrived...

what do you think of this pedal?

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    what do you think of this pedal?
    Well I went into it with a good deal of skepticism and in fact when I initially began fiddling with it, I really wasn't sure. Problem was that I was greatly compromising it's capabilities with my amp settings. Once I got my amp dialed in and really started to dig into the pedal's controls and switches, I quickly realized why the SR-71 has gotten such rave reviews. I honestly think that part of me actually WANTED to find fault with it so that I could return it and get that money back... not a cheap pedal by any stretch.

At this point, I sincerely couldn't imagine being without it. Okay... I could make-do without it but it has proven itself as an absolute tonal monster and it would truly be difficult to go back to just a Soul Food, MojoMojo, and Blues Driver now. What I'm most impressed with is the distinctively accurate tube-tone even at very low volumes. I do use it with other effects including other OD's but no matter whether alone or in conjunction with other effects, this thing has easily become my most inspiring pedal and up there with my favorite pieces of gear. I have never heard cleaner tones with so much headroom or such accurate vintage tones from any other effect. It does gain exceedingly well but the clean channel just continues to blow me away.

No doubt that cork-sniffers may easily be able to call it out as "not a true Blackface tone" but I firmly believe that this pedal is going to get you as close as anything out there, and again.. at much lower volumes. Not sure how much I'll delve into it, but you can also adjust the tube-bias points internally as well as swap out the 12AX7 tubes to gain even more dynamic customization.

Sorry... and I could go on longer lol but suffice it to say that this one will not be going anywhere. I absolutely love it.

cool. I'll keep an eye out for one. Maybe I'll stumble across it in a pawn shop

I think they're worth at least a listen if you're able. Thanks for the inquiry, Dan.

Forum Member

That is a great sounding preamp there! Wow!

Thanks, renderit. It's truly a winner in my book!

This is my current chain and I don't expect it to change too much. Worth noting is that these all play exceptionally well with one another. It's been a long road but I'm finally satisfied with the end result. I have the looper disconnected temporarily but the rundown in order from amp to guitar:

TC Electronic Mini Ditto Looper
    Flux Effects Liquid Ambiance polyphonic reverb
    TC Electronic Hall Of Fame II reverb
    TC Electronic Flashback II delay
    Boss Chorus Ensemble CE5 chorus
    Mod-Tone Harmonic Tremor tremolo
    MXR Phase 95 phaser
    EHX Bad Stone Phase Shifter phaser
    Behringer EQ700 7-band equalizer
    Boss Blues Driver BD2 OD
    EHX Soul Food OD
    MXR Full-Bore Metal OD
    Effectrode Blackbird SR-71 pre-amp
    Dunlop CryBaby 95Q wah
    TC Electronic PolyTune tuner

HPD, Nice review thanks for sharing...

Thank you, melody. I probably shouldn't have posted in this particular thread so apologies to OP for the short hijack. I'm sometimes a little too vocal and passionate about things lol.

Thank you, melody. I probably shouldn't have posted in this particular thread so apologies to OP for the short hijack. I'm sometimes a little too vocal and passionate about things lol.

Idk about everyone else, but me, I do like some slight derailing... This forum is like a group of good old friends who meet on Saturdays to have a glass of whiskey and shoot the breeze at the local pub.

Why not chat freely from time to time?

Nice PB by the way!

Forum Member

Get one of these. The large form factor if you can but the small is great as well. Thank me later. Best pedal period. A Compressor which makes it fuller!
    https://reverb.com/p/origin-effects-...uxe-compressor

Last edited by renderit; 10-17-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Forum Member

To get back to the thread, a couple of capo's (never had one!), a string grabber for a headless and I am working on an order of aluminum extrusions to make a neck jig.

That's the most awesome compressor I've ever heard! Had never even seen it nor the large version before. Thanks for posting.

Went to a guitar/music shop yesterday. Only a desire to save money kept me from buying a new ukulele and posting a pic here....does that count?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I just ordered a quarter inch TRS injector jack plug to allow me to spray DeOxit into the inner workings of my patchbay. It is cheaper than buying a new patchbay and by george I hope it works. I've got toys to play with and I want to do some recording without the dang headaches my gear has been giving me lately. Much like an automobile, this stuff doesn't run forever without maintenance just because you love it.

Just got something not exactly guitar related but it's for my live gigs, so...

Light sticks. I play in all kinds of venues and sometimes there isn't any proper stage lighting. Many times the imbecile I have as a singer will unadvertedly tell the house to put the lights off and I can't see the guitar. I want to kill him everytime he does that (I can play rhythm blind, but not lead). These sticks are very practical and beautiful, I crack one and throw it beside my pedalboard: bingo. I can solo.

we'll allow it, that is definitely close enough

... Really cool too! I love ambient lighting. This seems like a great idea.

does buying a guitar count as guitar-related?

I've been hankering for a better sounding acoustic since I've borrowed my nephew's pawn shop axe. It has been serviceable and sufficiently capable of inspiring GAS. That buzzing issue is still there and that just isn't going to lend itself to any recording. I've been hearing good things about Blueridge guitars and they've been growing in popularity and, yes, in price. While still a good value, the used stuff was beginning to reflect the (IMNSHO) idiocy of internet used gear pricing. By shifting my sight from a dread to a different model I was able to sidestep some of this pricing madness and get a nice deal on a BR-43, basically a 000 style 14 fret six string. I'm having it sent to my local GC where I'll be checking it out upon arrival.

Looks like I'll be setting up the humidifiers a little earlier than usual this year.

does buying a guitar count as guitar-related?

I've been hankering for a better sounding acoustic since I've borrowed my nephew's pawn shop axe. It has been serviceable and sufficiently capable of inspiring GAS. That buzzing issue is still there and that just isn't going to lend itself to any recording. I've been hearing good things about Blueridge guitars and they've been growing in popularity and, yes, in price. While still a good value, the used stuff was beginning to reflect the (IMNSHO) idiocy of internet used gear pricing. By shifting my sight from a dread to a different model I was able to sidestep some of this pricing madness and get a nice deal on a BR-43, basically a 000 style 14 fret six string. I'm having it sent to my local GC where I'll be checking it out upon arrival.

Looks like I'll be setting up the humidifiers a little earlier than usual this year.
    Pictures. Or it didn't happen.

Is it 48 hours from when we paid for the item or after receiving it?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Is it 48 hours from when we paid for the item or after receiving it?

Whatever you feel like. Both, if it matters to you!

Haven't spent money on gear in a while - the money is going into studio time recording songs instead. It's getting exciting! The guy I'm working with is also working with a producer helping an artist put together an album. They are using a couple of his songs on the record and he is pitching them one of my tunes, as well... Not a lot of chance it will happen, but it's freakin' awesome to see it go that far!

As far as the drinking thing, being married to an alcoholic puts a damper on any interest in drinking - not that I was ever much of one. Never had an interest in trying weed, either... NTTAWWT!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Haven't spent money on gear in a while - the money is going into studio time recording songs instead. It's getting exciting! The guy I'm working with is also working with a producer helping an artist put together an album. They are using a couple of his songs on the record and he is pitching them one of my tunes, as well... Not a lot of chance it will happen, but it's freakin' awesome to see it go that far!

As far as the drinking thing, being married to an alcoholic puts a damper on any interest in drinking - not that I was ever much of one. Never had an interest in trying weed, either... NTTAWWT!
    A greater pleasure then buying guitars and gear is... actually using it. Glad to know you're recording and producing music!

I take much more pleasure and pride from gigging and jamming with bands and friends, making my guitars see the road, than from buying them or loading them with accessories. And I do like buying stuff!

New amp mic stand. The old one is so sticky from the gaffers tape holding it together I had to clean my hands with vodka before I could play.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    New amp mic stand. The old one is so sticky from the gaffers tape holding it together I had to clean my hands with vodka before I could play.

Gaffers tape... There's a lot of rock n roll poetry in that stuff!

.... Never had an interest in trying weed, either... NTTAWWT!
    Day after I retire I'm heading to Amsterdam. Gotta LOT of catching up to do! LOL!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Question here... and I really didin't want to start a thread about it...

Does TFF frown upon members posting about other brands of guitars ( besides Fenders and Gibsons) in regards to NGD threads or members that would simply like to show their guitars?

Thanks if anyone can answer that. I have a couple guitars that I'd like to post about but they're not Fender's nor Gibson's.

Question here... and I really didin't want to start a thread about it...

Does TFF frown upon members posting about other brands of guitars ( besides Fenders and Gibsons) in regards to NGD threads or members that would simply like to show their guitars?

Thanks if anyone can answer that. I have a couple guitars that I'd like to post about but they're not Fender's nor Gibson's.
    It seems like the old management had a bigger problem than the current leadership...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

It seems like the old management had a bigger problem than the current leadership...
    Thank you GJ. I appreciate the input. I've been hesitant to post about any other guitars but I have a couple that I think people might enjoy seeing. Maybe a mod/ admin will see this and give me a definitive answer.

I think as long as it's in the whammy bar it should be fine.

whatcha get, huh huh?

I think as long as it's in the whammy bar it should be fine.

whatcha get, huh huh?
    That makes me feel a little more confident. Thank you, Dan. I'd like to post my Reverend 12-string electric, Ibanez 6-string bass, Taylor a/e 12-string, Jackson King V, a couple PRS's, and maybe my Carvin 7-string... Maybe not all on the same day though lol.

That makes me feel a little more confident. Thank you, Dan. I'd like to post my Reverend 12-string electric, Ibanez 6-string bass, Taylor a/e 12-string, Jackson King V, a couple PRS's, and maybe my Carvin 7-string... Maybe not all on the same day though lol.
    Post in the Whammy bar. I've probably mentioned all of my Carvins there.